Does anyone know what meyer/blythe are doing now?

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I think we will appreciate how much Meyer and Blythe did for us after a few years of perspective. They gave a lot to the school and set a bunch of records. 3.5-4 year starter for Meyer? That's pretty good stuff.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Blythe's getting face raped somewhere...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYIrsCADoM8]YouTube - Unfortunate Comment[/ame]

clone11

Jul 12, 2006
Last i heard is Blythe works at Sports Authority in Des Moines, and
I believe Meyer is doing some sort of work in Des Moines as well....

My source for Meyer is legitimate and i know it is true
Wow that is unbelievable!

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Meyer was an all right QB, not great, but why would anyone complain about Blythe? He is only the most prolific receiver in the history of Iowa State, that is pretty damn good actually.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Agreed. Blythe belongs on a short list of the best receivers to ever play at ISU. Don't know how you can not respect that. Meyer was ok. Not great, not terrible. My biggest problem with him was that he never learned how to look to the second, third, or fourth options after the first was covered. He'd look at the first option, then tuck it and run. I'm sure that had a part to do with Blythe's lack of production later on.

Also, lets not forget how great of a compliment Flynn was to Blythe. Blythe could run free up the field because Flynn wasn't afraid to go up the middle.

jay moe

Apr 10, 2006
southern iowa
I'm glad Blythe is getting a chance to play professional football somewhere, he was a great Cyclone and I wish him the best.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron