Do you think we can get Floyd to come back??

LZclone

Oct 2, 2008
Mahomet IL via Laurens IA
Do you have any proof of this, or are you just making stuff up again?

No, I don't have proof.

Do you have proof that OJ Mayo was paid to go to USC?

I am just coming to the defense of one of the better coaches in the country. People are calling him a "disgraced cheater" and I think that is a stretch.

Did Reggie Bush get paid to play at USC?

YES

Did Pete Carroll get fired?

NO

Has Pete Carroll's name been dragged through the mud (other than by Charlie Weis)?

NO

Has Pete Carroll been called a "disgraced cheater"?

NO

BTW change your signature... you give way to much credit to BVD who was a WORTHLESS Administrator!

LZclone

Oct 2, 2008
Mahomet IL via Laurens IA
With Tinsley... Without Tinsley... who cares?!?!

Name another Coach that won Back to Back Conference titles at Iowa State in Basketball?
waiting
still waiting

oh I forgot, the Big 12 was down those years and so was college basketball. Otherwise we would not have won the Conference Titles and would have not gone to the Elite 8 (only to get hosed in Detroit).

Last edited:

MelMel

Oct 24, 2009
I'm no expert, but haven't the rules for recruiting changed since Floyd was here (maybe because of Floyd)? Wouldn't it be a lot tougher now to do what he was doing back then?

The rules are the same for every coach, so it wouldn't make any difference at all. But Floyd or LE are never coming back, why can't people let the season play out before starting these ridiculous threads.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Eustachy has coached 18 full seasons in D1. 11 of those seasons he finished with 18 or more wins. 13 of those seasons he finished with winning records. He's 325-214 in 18 full seasons or an average record of 18 - 11.9.

If you take away Southern Miss, which is one of the worst jobs in D1 of teams in conferences between power conferences and high mid majors (C-USA), then he's 260 - 145 in 13 seasons or average record offff 20 - 11.2

So all this BS Tinsley ****...how many years did Tinsley play for him again?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
No, I don't have proof.

I am just coming to the defense of one of the better coaches in the country. People are calling him a "disgraced cheater" and I think that is a stretch.

YES

NO

Has Pete Carroll's name been dragged through the mud (other than by Charlie Weis)?

NO

NO

BTW change your signature... you give way to much credit to BVD who was a WORTHLESS Administrator!

This will likely never happen again so pay attention. I am on Monty's side here. If you don't think Tim Floyd was cheating you need to wake up. PLease. The football team has nothing to do with this situation. The allegation is that Floyd was the one giving money. He never even denied it, he just resigned. I don't know about you but if I wanted to coach college basketball and was accused of something I didn't do I would probably at least try to deny it even if no one bought it. Him resigning wihtout saying a word was career suicide. All that did is make a stronger case for him being in the wrong. Just because You like TF because he did great things here doesn't mean you can be completely blind to what happened at USC. The argument he was sacrificed is ridiculous. If you are going to say that at least try to say he didn't do wanything wrong. Actually, if he was sacrificed that still doesn't matter to me because I think every reasonable person thinks he was cheating. What happened doesn't matter.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
No, I don't have proof.

Why was Tim Floyd looking to get out of USC by interviewing at Arizona & Memphis?

Why did he resign?

Why did USC let him walk away from his contract without trying to keep him on?

Why hasn't he defended himself against any of the accusations?

He is innocent until proven guilty, but so far he has done everything possible to portray himself as a disgraced cheater.

BVD's results speak for themselves. Facts tend to do that.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
I think we should get Johnny Orr to come back and find out if we can get some more eligibility for Fizer, Hoiberg, Hornacek, Grayer, and Stevens.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
No, I don't have proof.

YES

NO

NO

NO

I'm not sure how Monty continues to find people to argue with. Don't feed the troll, maybe, just maybe, he'll go away. O.K., he probably wont but at least he would just randomly debate himself and the rest of us can go on with our days.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Eustachy has coached 18 full seasons in D1. 11 of those seasons he finished with 18 or more wins. 13 of those seasons he finished with winning records. He's 325-214 in 18 full seasons or an average record of 18 - 11.9.

If you take away Southern Miss, which is one of the worst jobs in D1 of teams in conferences between power conferences and high mid majors (C-USA), then he's 260 - 145 in 13 seasons or average record offff 20 - 11.2

If it's no big deal then if you take away the Tinsley years his record shouldn't be too badly hurt. I notice you didn't run that scenerio. The fact is, you can't take away years. The only ones I would say would be reasonable are the first year of a tenure at a school. Other than that they coached and recruited the teams. That is their record.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

Look at his stint at Iowa State.

With Tinsley: 32-5 (14-2), 25-6 (13-3)
Without Tinsley: 15-15 (6-10), 12-19 (4-12), 17-14 (5-11)

You tell me the difference between those. You can take away Southern Miss, I'm going to take away Tinsley.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Again, Todd Lickliter.

Todd Lickliter has also only coached 8 full seasons at Division 1 and he's 159-96 in those seasons or an average record of 19.8 - 12. Eustachy still did get to the second round NIT without Tinsley.

I really wouldn't call the guy a bad coach

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Look at his stint at Iowa State.

With Tinsley: 32-5 (14-2), 25-6 (13-3)
Without Tinsley: 15-15 (6-10), 12-19 (4-12), 17-14 (5-11)

You tell me the difference between those. You can take away Southern Miss, I'm going to take away Tinsley.

True...actually i don't know why i'm defending LE

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Todd Lickliter has also only coached 8 full seasons at Division 1 and he's 159-96 in those seasons or an average record of 19.8 - 12. Eustachy still did get to the second round NIT without Tinsley.

I really wouldn't call the guy a bad coach

Todd Lickliter. 3 conference titles in 8 years.
Larry Eustachy: 6 in 18 years.

Lick > Eusctachy

MelMel

Oct 24, 2009
Again, Todd Lickliter.

What about him? Do you ever think before you post or just blab the first thing that comes to your mind which has no logic at all? Lickliter had a run of success at 1 school that was a powerhouse before he took over and had won 3 conference titles the previous four years and been to the postseason 5 straight times. None of the coaches preceeding Eustachy EVER won a conference title at that school.

Lickliter wasn't successful at 3 different schools that had no historical success. He didn't sign the best player ever to play college basketball in the state of Iowa. He didn't win back to back Big 10 titles. He didn't coach Iowas best team in history and possibly the best team in the country. He didn't go undefeated for 2+ years at Carver Hawkeye and have one of the longest home winning streaks in the country.

Possibly your worst post yet which is a really impressive feat.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
What about him? Do you ever think before you post or just blab the first thing that comes to your mind which has no logic at all? Lickliter had a run of success at 1 school that was a powerhouse before he took over and had won 3 conference titles the previous four years and been to the postseason 5 straight times. None of the coaches preceeding Eustachy EVER won a conference title at that school.

Lickliter wasn't successful at 3 different schools that had no historical success. He didn't sign the best player ever to play college basketball in the state of Iowa. He didn't win back to back Big 10 titles. He didn't coach Iowas best team in history and possibly the best team in the country. He didn't go undefeated for 2+ years at Carver Hawkeye and have one of the longest home winning streaks in the country.

Possibly your worst post yet which is a really impressive feat.

You're a pleasant fellow, aren't you?

Little trend to your posts in a topic that's been beaten to death years ago:
1) You must be right, because you said so.
2) If someone disagrees, said person is an idiot, and progressively proven to be dumber by virtue of continuing to disagree.

Someone may or may not agree, but you're apparently insecure enough to pull the Internet Tough Guy act. That's good stuff.

Reactions: IcSyU