Desmond King wins Thorpe award

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Since king returns punts I would say that would make him comparable to Prime Time.

Do I seriously need to say, jimlad?

ISUEmbassy

Jun 13, 2014
Marcus Robertson was a stud safety for ISU in the early 90'stages, played 10 yes in NFL and 2x All Pro, so guess that's pretty good. King def had more accomplished college career but have to wait and see how he does at next level

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Well, I mean, he's better than anyone Iowa's ever had as well. Bob Sanders is a possible exception.

Kinnick was pretty good but that's a long time ago. Merton Hanks was a hawk but I only remember him as a 49er.

And yeah, Sanders was probably the best. Just too small to play that style at that level for very long

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
I admire King for coming back this year because you can never have your college years back again, and they are the best time of your life IMO.

However, financially we all knew it was a mistake, but if he's ok with that, then fine. It was going to be nearly impossible for him to live up to his season he had last year and winning the Thorpe award. He was a first round pick last year, and now I'd doubt very much that he will be. Still a very good player though.
He went from a second rounder to a likely first rounder. Worked out pretty well for him actually

Reactions: CloneinWDSM

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Great reply when that's all you have to hang your hat on-I mean, no football team or anything. Well done.#imasmartguy
It's nice that your mom tells you that you are smart. Figured by now she'd be bitter that you've been living in the basement this long.

Muzzy

Jan 24, 2009
Iowa
So if you never look at mock drafts, on what are you basing your opinion that King hurt his draft stock by coming back?
No being a smart A. I thought he was projected first round last year? Also begs the question: How is the Thorpe winner not good enough to be a first round draft pick?

• Agree
Reactions: ISUAlum2002

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
It's nice that your mom tells you that you are smart. Figured by now she'd be bitter that you've been living in the basement this long.
Now that's original-you guys are intellectually superior to us Hawk fans!!

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
He went from a second rounder to a likely first rounder. Worked out pretty well for him actually

Very interesting if that is the case. By nearly every account, he's had a worse year this year than last year. He's still had a good year, but last year was crazy good.

Help Support Us

Become a patron