Defensive Player Should Win the Heisman

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
Lots of good d-linemen in college this year. Suh might not be the best d-lineman in the Big 12 let alone the country. I've heard a lot of good things about the OU d-lineman (McCoy I think)

If last year was the year of the quarterback and spread offense, this year is the year of the d-lineman and punishing defenses.

Gerald McCoy has been unblockable this year, but Suh is bigger and a better athlete, plus he's made more outstanding plays (blocking kicks, interceptions, running guys down, etc.). Both are first round talents, but Suh is a little better.

M3MEPLEASE

Sep 4, 2009
What happens if Nebraska loses 2 or 3 more games? I see Nebraska finishing 7-5. Pretty hard to win the Heisman on a 7-5 team. I know Tebow won it with 4 losses I believe.

Last edited:

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
What happens if Nebraska loses 2 or 3 more games? I see Nebraska finishing 7-5. Pretty hard to win the Heisman on a 7-5 team. I know Tebow won it with 4 losses I believe.

Bingo, he is going to run into the same problem as any other player on an average team... I'm not positive he is the best defensive player out there even... Eric Berry is probably a better defensive rep, but same problem of playing on an average team... Maybe Terrance Cody?