David Montgomery has rushed for over 1000 yards

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
We'd better enjoy the next year we get with him. He's going to be playing on Sundays.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
We'd better enjoy the next year we get with him. He's going to be playing on Sundays.

Yes but I'm confident this staff will replace him with a committee of great players. Maybe Zeb Noland will be playing at that high of a level by 2019. Reload not rebuild

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Put a couple all-american o-linemen in front of him and he would have video game numbers... I think he's gotta have something like 250 receiving yards also. When was the last time an ISU RB has done that? I bet Montgomery starts the season as a Heisman candidate next year.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Troy was a great cyclone, but in my opinion, he ran behind a better O line. We also used a fullback at times in the offense.

cyclonevac

Feb 11, 2016
Montgomery is truly amazing. He could run on a razor blade. I am more impressed with his unselfish and technically correct blocking. That being said, little love for the OLINE. They may not be the best, but they play above their talent level. They are not up against Sr.Rosemary. And she was a tough cookie. They only time they get any attention is a holding penalty.
In no way can anything be taken away from Montgomery,

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Troy was a great cyclone, but in my opinion, he ran behind a better O line. We also used a fullback at times in the offense.

We use a "full back" now too. He just lines up in a few more places but the role is very similar. Sam Seonbuchner and he's a very tough, explosive, physical run blocker that doesn't get the credit he should.

Reactions: khardbored