Darien Williams is a Cyclone

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Anyone know why he went Juco in the first place?

Probably didn't qualify. Which is why he has to sit out his surgery year in JUCO and not at ISU immediately.

Non qualifiers out of high school have to wait two years and get an AA before they can transfer to a D1 school.

Had he qualified and then blown up his first year, he could transfer out after one year.

kyle22kjs

Nov 2, 2012
Morris-6'2"
Naz - 6'3"
Thomas - 6'4"
Niang - 6'7"
McKay - 6'8"
Nader - 6'7"
Williams - 6'9"

I know I'm missing more, but that off the top of my head... We have ALOT to be excited about the next few years. We will have Length and Athleticism, along with CFH ability to utilize their talents. Enjoy the ride Cyclones!!

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Thats definitely accurate. Ive paid attention to this kid seeing as how he is in our backyard. He will fit into Fred's system perfectly!! Kudos to him for realizing that.

If we were on Around the Horn I would give you points for "Inside information" :)

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
This guy looks like a complete freak athletically. 6'9 and shoots 41% from 3, 51% from the field, yes please! Basically, going to be a replacement for Hogue. And just to rosterbate a bit....

Morris
Long/Thomas/SDW
Nader
Williams/McKay
Niang

Assume we pick up nobody (which we will I bet) and that is still a terrifying starting 5. So many mis matches all over the place.
The frontcourt will be incredibly versatile, longer than we have been, and a perfect fit for Hoiberg basketball. Georges wheeling and dealing, McKay finishing, Williams shooting, and Nader slashing...and so on.

If Georges transforms his body a little to a leaner 245-250, he will be unstoppable surrounded by these guys plus Naz and Thomas filling it up on the perimeter, and Morris and Custer driving and dishing.

Last edited:
Reactions: CycloneErik

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
The frontcourt will be incredibly versatile, longer than we have been, and a perfect fit for Hoiberg basketball. Georges willing and dealing, McKay finishing, Williams shooting, and Nader slashing...and so on.

If Georges transforms his body a little to a leaner 245-250, he will be unstoppable surrounded by these guys plus Naz and Thomas filling it up on the perimeter, and Morris and Custer driving and dishing.

drooling-homer-simpson.jpg

MaccloNe

Sep 21, 2011
Might wanna rewrite that scenerio without Nadar at least for a while.

Last edited:

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
i tweeted this, but for those who don't follow - I'll post here too.

I recalled from about 3 weeks ago - Dinos Trigonis tweeting about Williams recruitment and Eric Bossi replied... see bottom of capture.

Darien_Williams-hype.JPG