CyclonesTV

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Is dramatically improved over CloneZone on looks and performance.

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
CloneZone was horrible in terms of performance. For those of you that have signed up, are the videos improved? W/ CloneZone it was like watching a picture book, were I could see the image every other second...

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I've been streaming vids all morning, so far, seems smooth and trouble free. In the FAQ there's a question about HD quality, sounds like the stream is buffered to your connection bandwidth. I've got 50M down, so YMMV.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
CloneZone was horrible in terms of performance. For those of you that have signed up, are the videos improved? W/ CloneZone it was like watching a picture book, were I could see the image every other second...

CloneZone was not perfect, but is was better than nothing for those that could not get to Ames and too far away for any local coverage access.

hiltonisheaven

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Will any FB games be on Cyclones.TV only? How about basketball games? Would be great if some of the poor quality mediacom games were on Cyclones.tv.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Do you need to install microsoft silverlight to get it to work like you did CloneZone?

Wondering because I have a custom browser for my work and Silverlight screws it all up.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX

I agree from what I saw and read here.

I'm concerned about getting ground-level viewing angles for both basketball & FB; will the camera angles be from press-box level?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I was having trouble logging in as well. So I went to the password reset page and put in my email address. The website replied that I would get an email with instructions to reset my password. That hasn't happened yet, but my login started working. My subscriptions still show up, so I guess the info got transferred.

Video seems to work in both IE on my Windows PC and FireFox on my Ubuntu PC.

Last edited:

CycloneGamecock

Apr 13, 2006
I was having trouble logging in as well. So I went to the password reset page and put in my email address. The website replied that I would get an email with instructions to reset my password. That hasn't happened yet, but my login started working. My subscriptions still show up, so I guess the info got transferred.

Video seems to work in both IE on my Windows PC and FireFox on my Ubuntu PC.

Did that on mine and it worked too, but I can still only watch non-premium videos, the premium ones act like they are loading and never do. Sent tech a note so I'm waiting to hear back.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I'm running Mac OS X 10.8, viewing through Safari. I haven't seen any requirements, but I'd think any newer-ish computer on DSL/Cable would be fine. The quality I've been getting is better than YouTube, probably mostly due to my high bandwidth (working from home and needing a good connection has it's advantages!)

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
Did that on mine and it worked too, but I can still only watch non-premium videos, the premium ones act like they are loading and never do. Sent tech a note so I'm waiting to hear back.

I can only get non-premium videos to work as well.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron