Cyclones in the pros (hoops) 2020-2021

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Deseret News piece today on the Cyclone reunion in Salt Lake City:

Another piece on Matt, including this quote from Quin Snyder:

“We wouldn’t have traded for him if we didn’t think highly of him as a player,” he said. “I’ve watched him play since he was back in Valencia [Spain]. He can shoot the ball, he can shoot it with range, he can shoot it coming off screens, he can shoot it off the dribble. … If he’s in the game, he’s going to have the green light.”

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2021/03/28/iowa-state-ice-baths/

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Update on Monte's injury:

Mar. 31—Nuggets guard Monte Morris is "definitely getting closer" as he rehabs a left quadriceps strain and could be upgraded to questionable for Thursday's game against the Clippers, coach Michael Malone said Tuesday night.

Morris, who missed nine games ahead of Tuesday night's clash with Philadelphia, had a positive workout on Monday, according to Malone, and is inching closer to a return.

"Probably questionable against the Clippers and then maybe right after that, we can try to work him into a game," Malone said.

Link: https://gazette.com/ap/sports/nugge...cle_6dcb13b1-7289-5fca-b956-eab5fd7cc902.html

Reactions: Snydes and simply1

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Talen Horton-Tucker's Lakers ended up with an easy win over Sacramento and THT won the scoring battle over Tyrese. His line: 22 MIN, 15 PT, 6-12 FG, 1-2 3PT, 2 REB, 1 AST and 4 STL. This young man is an elite finisher:

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Tyrese didn't put up big numbers in the Kings' loss to the Lakers but remains a starter in Bagley's absence: 29 MIN, 9 PT, 4-9 FG, 1-3 3PT, 2 REB, 2 AST, 1 BLK and 2 TO.

Georges
' Utah squad keep winning, although they had a close one vs. the Bulls, pulling out a 113-106 win. Georges' line: 12 MIN, 3 PT, 1-3 3PT, 3 REB, 1 AST and 1 TO.

DNP for Matt Thomas.

Nader was again held out due to his knee as his current employer, the Suns, crushed his former employer, the Thunder. You know he'd have liked to play in that one.

Last edited:

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Denver Stiffs thinks there's a good chance that Monte will be back on Sunday vs. Orlando.

Their conclusion:
Morris’ impact should be felt immediately upon his return. Facundo Campazzo has put together some very strong performances in his absence, but there’s no denying that Morris seems to be the glue that holds the bench unit together. With Paul Millsap recently moving to the bench after the Nuggets traded for Aaron Gordon, it will be nice for the bench to start solidifying roles to prepare for the playoffs.
Hopefully Morris will be just what the bench unit needs in order to elevate this team to an even higher level.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Three Cyclones were in action last night in the NBA and two hit double figures.

The Kings just about pulled off an upset win over Milwaukee, in a 129-128 loss. Tyrese "Don't call me Troy" Haliburton had a double-double and certainly boosted his assist-to-turnover ranking. Ty's line: 33 MIN, 12 PT, 5-13 FG, 2-5 3PT, 6 REB and 11 AST.

Creating:

Gettin' buckets:

The Jazz had an easy win over the random collection of players wearing Orlando Magic uniforms and hit 18 3's in the first half. Georges hit 2 of those, his first two shots of the day. He ended in double digits, with a few 4th quarter garbage minutes to top off his scoring: 16 MIN, 10 PT, 4-7 FG, 2-5 3PT, 4 REB, 1 AST and 2 TO (on back-to-back plays).

The blow-out win meant Matt got to play quite a few minutes although the rotation still seems out-of-reach with all the shooting the Jazz have. He missed his first 3 3s in a game that was in the bag (I'm always surprised when he misses)> His final line: 14 MIN, 7 PT, 3-7 FG, 1-5 3PT, 1 REB, 3 AST and 1 TO. He had an assist to Georges for a layup.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Three Cyclones were in action last night in the NBA and two hit double figures.

The Kings just about pulled off an upset win over Milwaukee, in a 129-128 loss. Tyrese "Don't call me Troy" Haliburton had a double-double and certainly boosted his assist-to-turnover ranking. Ty's line: 33 MIN, 12 PT, 5-13 FG, 2-5 3PT, 6 REB and 11 AST.

Creating:

Gettin' buckets:

The Jazz had an easy win over the random collection of players wearing Orlando Magic uniforms and hit 18 3's in the first half. Georges hit 2 of those, his first two shots of the day. He ended in double digits, with a few 4th quarter garbage minutes to top off his scoring: 16 MIN, 10 PT, 4-7 FG, 2-5 3PT, 4 REB, 1 AST and 2 TO (on back-to-back plays).

The blow-out win meant Matt got to play quite a few minutes although the rotation still seems out-of-reach with all the shooting the Jazz have. He missed his first 3 3s in a game that was in the bag (I'm always surprised when he misses)> His final line: 14 MIN, 7 PT, 3-7 FG, 1-5 3PT, 1 REB, 3 AST and 1 TO. He had an assist to Georges for a layup.

Hope he gets that stroke going

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016

Finally, Monte is back from his quadriceps injury having missed about a dozen games during which Denver acquired Aaron Gordon and JaVale McGee and lost Gary Harris and RJ Hampton. Denver got off to a horrible start vs the, well, horrible Orlando Magic but mounted a comeback in the 2nd half. Jokic had a mere 16 assists in that one. Monte's minutes were a bit less than usual in his first game back but he chipped in some scoring to help the Nuggets: 18 MIN, 10 PT, 4-8 FG, 1-3 3PT, 1-1 FT, 3 REB and 1 STL.

In-game tweets:

The Lakers without their Big 2 were no match for the Clippers but Talen managed to put up some numbers in the loss: 26 MIN, 16 PT, 7-14 FG, 0-1 3PT, 2-2 FT, 5 REB and 2 STL.

Reactions: Acylum

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron