NBA: Cyclones in the pros 2021-23 (hoops)

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The only 2 active Cyclones put up good scoring numbers last night, 1 in a win and 1 in a loss.

The Nuggets-Hawks score looked like a Denver score from the Issel-English days, a 133-116 win. Denver is 15-14 and doesn't seem to be able to move multiple games over .500 so far.

Big Game's big game: 25 MIN, 21 PT, 8-13 FG, 3-5 3PT, 3 REB, 2 AST, 1 STL and 0 TO.

As @HFCS noted, Monte has been a consistent offensive force of late. His averages for 9 games this month: 16.8 PPG, 54% FG, 46% 3PT

The Kings hung with Memphis in the first half but took the L. Tyrese had a double-double. He scored 20 for just the 2nd time this season. After a slow shooting start, he has raised his 3PT % to 40%.

That is an amazing play where he knows the bucket is going to be so easy he has to avoid the intentional foul. It's like kids playing tag.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Haliburton with a season-high and 1 point short of tying his career-high in the Kings' win over San Antonio last night: Nice highlight package below:

Matt Thomas has not yet been cleared to return but the short-handed Bulls beat the short-handed Lakers.

The Nuggets-Brooklyn game was postponed; I read that the Nets were down 9 players (!!).

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
I checked on Lindell Wigginton's stats so far in the G League season - decent scoring production:

1640092094313.png

He's shooting 31% from 3PT, which is down a little from his last G League season. As a 2 guard, I'm sure he'd need to hit at a higher clip to catch an NBA squad's attention.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
With the Covid concerns in the NBA, and shortened team rosters. It appears the can pull up G League players to fill in roster spots.
Would any cyclones benefit from that ruling?

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
With the Covid concerns in the NBA, and shortened team rosters. It appears the can pull up G League players to fill in roster spots.
Would any cyclones benefit from that ruling?
The only Clone in the G League to my knowledge is Wiggy. There have already been some G League call-ups due to COVID; I think Denver actually signed a guy to a standard NBA contract because of injuries and COVID. It'd be great is Lindell could get even a 10-day contract. I have no idea if there's much of a chance though.

Reactions: cyputz

CyBri

Mar 2, 2012
24 points and 11 assists for Haliburton last night in the Kings' loss to Golden State. He's now gone for 21, 27 and 24 points in consecutive games.

He has really worked on his shot. It's crazy how fast his release is now.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The only Clone in the G League to my knowledge is Wiggy. There have already been some G League call-ups due to COVID; I think Denver actually signed a guy to a standard NBA contract because of injuries and COVID. It'd be great is Lindell could get even a 10-day contract. I have no idea if there's much of a chance though.

Couple nights ago the Nets started two guys off the street (so to speak) in a home loss to the second worst team in the league

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Couple nights ago the Nets started two guys off the street (so to speak) in a home loss to the second worst team in the league
Such a strange season that started out so normally. At one point, the Nets were down 9 guys.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
At 9:00 TJ talks about Ejim plays for the Slovenia team in Kunc's hometown. Cool story.

Well, they're occupied during the season as professional ballers, but once they're no longer playing, I support hanging the following 4-year/alum numbers from the rafters: Ejim, Niang and Morris. They were foundational players for ISU.

It's funny that Kunc's parents are fans of Ejim in Slovenia. He had a window a few years ago that I feel he could have made some NBA roster as a 3 and D guy because he could guard multiple positions and his shot had improved. I thought he might stick with Orlando but the NBA window for him has likely closed.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
With Cyclones in the NBA and NFL, do the players with that type of training and coaching, is their any “lessons learned” passed down to existing players and coaches?

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
It seems that Matt Thomas is STILL not cleared to return to active duty from the COVID protocol list, where he has been since DEC 9. He was eligible to return on Sunday but my only guess is that he hasn't been able to get the negative test(s?) required.

Meanwhile, the Bulls signed Alfonzo Mckinnie to a 10-day contract and he's produced, including hitting back-to-back 3s in a game. As the last guy on the bench, Matt's roster spot is precarious.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron