NBA: **Cyclones in the NBA and G-League, 2019-2020

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
Too little, too late for Houston that fell into a 23-point deficit and cut it to single digits in the last few minutes of the game. I only say that because I thought THT would get some minutes in the 2nd half but Vogel was rightfully nervous.

Still, Talen ended up with a respectable line in his 7th-ever NBA game / 1st-ever playoff game:
7 MIN, 5 PT, 2-5 FG, 1-3 3PT, 2 REB, 2 STL and +9.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Too little, too late for Houston that fell into a 23-point deficit and cut it to single digits in the last few minutes of the game. I only say that because I thought THT would get some minutes in the 2nd half but Vogel was rightfully nervous.

Still, Talen ended up with a respectable line in his 7th-ever NBA game / 1st-ever playoff game:
7 MIN, 5 PT, 2-5 FG, 1-3 3PT, 2 REB, 2 STL and +9.

At the minimum, he earned himself a little more PT going forward. They played really well with that small lineup on the floor, I'd expect them to give it a shot in game 5 again.

Reactions: Peter

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
At the minimum, he earned himself a little more PT going forward. They played really well with that small lineup on the floor, I'd expect them to give it a shot in game 5 again.
Yeah, I agree. Assuming they meet up with the Clippers after the Rockets, I don't know if Vogel will want to throw him in against Paul and Leonard. Their wing D is pretty tough, of course.

It's pretty shocking to go from not dressing for games to thrown in there in the 2nd quarter of a round 2 playoff series.

• Agree
Reactions: heitclone

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
And what a comeback it was ...

I thought that the Nuggets were toast, behind by around 15 much of the 2nd and 3rd quarters but they came back and took the W 111-105 to force a Game 6. Monte played his usual minutes when Gary Harris is healthy and also subbed in during the final minute; he helped ice the game with 2 FTs late. As has been the case in several games in this series, the ball has been in the hands of Murray or Jokic so Monte has moved well without the ball and has gotten a number of layups off cuts as a result (see below). His line: 17 MIN, 12 PT, 5-8 FG, 0-0 3PT, 2-2 FT, 1 AST, 3 STL, 1 TO and +2.

Reactions: NWICY

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
It's strange to me how Toronto had a great bench all season long that has been coming through for them in the bubble and they barely get used when their starters are absolutely gassed and not playing well enough to close this lead.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron