CycloneFanatic tornado logo

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Chris, or other,
Could I get a downloadable pic of your tornado emblem/logo (upper-left of this page)? I'd like to use it for some alternate uniform pics I'm working on, for fun/illustration only, on this site. If you say yes, could I have a yellow, and a red pic?

Does anyone else have that logo? Is it copyrighted for your site only? I think it looks as good, or better than the old or updated ISU swirl!

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
Chris, or other,
Could I get a downloadable pic of your tornado emblem/logo (upper-left of this page)? I'd like to use it for some alternate uniform pics I'm working on, for fun/illustration only, on this site. If you say yes, could I have a yellow, and a red pic?

Does anyone else have that logo? Is it copyrighted for your site only? I think it looks as good, or better than the old or updated ISU swirl!

I have it, but will not be giving it to you after that last comment.

• Agree
Reactions: ISU2

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I have it, but will not be giving it to you after that last comment.
Haha, well your probably right. I was trying to butter them up! I do like the updated ISU swirl, so don't beat me on the head too hard!
In reality, it doesn't much matter what we like/don't, it's what the AD likes that counts. Unfortunately, at this time, he is not in favor of bringing it back, but who knows, we can still hope, as an alternate logo.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
Haha, well your probably right. I was trying to butter them up! I do like the updated ISU swirl, so don't beat me on the head too hard!
In reality, it doesn't much matter what we like/don't, it's what the AD likes that counts. Unfortunately, at this time, he is not in favor of bringing it back, but who knows, we can still hope, as an alternate logo.

I don't see why they wouldn't want to put the updated version in the list of alternate logos. It seems to be a perfect and unique representation of the Cyclones

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I don't see why they wouldn't want to put the updated version in the list of alternate logos. It seems to be a perfect and unique representation of the Cyclones
Agree, buffet! Time will tell. Perhaps CMC will have some sway. For the record, I am for the I-State logo, as primary, and to keep that on the football helmets, uniforms, as primary. But it would be cool to see a little swirl/tornado on the uniform pants/jersey, in any sport. Your right, it best represents who we are, Cyclones, embrace that uniqueness! See recent Football forum *New Uniform Thread* prototypes for illustrations, posted by me the last couple of days.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I wish "I" and "S" and "U" folded better into a stylized tornado.

That would be the ultimate logo, to me, for us, if somebody could pull it together.

"C" and "F" just do that so well.

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
The thing I like about the CF logo is that it's subtle, and its one color. If a non-ISU fan looked at it they probably wouldn't even realize it has the letters "C" and "F". If ISU could resurrect the old twister logo, Id like to see a similar approach where its just the tornado itself, one color. No hidden letters necessarily. That would be my ideal logo

Reactions: t-noah

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Chris, or other,

Shoot me an email to [email protected] and I'll hook you up.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
The thing I like about the CF logo is that it's subtle, and its one color. If a non-ISU fan looked at it they probably wouldn't even realize it has the letters "C" and "F". If ISU could resurrect the old twister logo, Id like to see a similar approach where its just the tornado itself, one color. No hidden letters necessarily. That would be my ideal logo
It took me over a year on here to realize that the logo was the letters C & F forming the tornado. I've known people who were on here far longer than I that have only recently figured it out. Whoever designed that was genius level. :)

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Makes sense, agree!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
It took me over a year on here to realize that the logo was the letters C & F forming the tornado. I've known people who were on here far longer than I that have only recently figured it out. Whoever designed that was genius level. :)
I just noticed this today after reading this! It is perfect for CF.

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM
Chris, or other,
Could I get a downloadable pic of your tornado emblem/logo (upper-left of this page)? I'd like to use it for some alternate uniform pics I'm working on, for fun/illustration only, on this site

I just noticed this today after reading this! It is perfect for CF.

When I first read this thread I was wondering why you would want to use a CF specific logo on a ISU uniform.. I suppose it makes more sense if you didn't realize it was CF specific

Free advertising for the site I guess if ISU ended up with uniforms based on it

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
When I first read this thread I was wondering why you would want to use a CF specific logo on a ISU uniform.. I suppose it makes more sense if you didn't realize it was CF specific

Free advertising for the site I guess if ISU ended up with uniforms based on it
Just for fun, because I can. I realize it would never go on an ISU uniform. See post #7 here. The old tornado could be re-designed, doubt it as they don't want to adopt the old one, but maybe a new re-design at some point. I mean, we are the Cyclones!. I think some form of a tornado makes sense. Think big picture, sometime in the future. The current secondary logos, ...nobody likes them.

Help Support Us

Become a patron