Cyclone Softball: 33-22, was ranked, first NCAA since ‘88, first NCAA wins

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Surprisingly dropped two close games today. ☹

That Witchita State team is good. I thought coming in today the second match would be the championship game for the tournament. It's the Missouri State loss that's gonna hurt our rankings.

I blame it to the MBB team who stole the mojo from the ladies. ;)

Reactions: agentbear

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Free admission to softball games is frankly embarrassing for a P5 university. Even high schools charge admission.

Not really most yrs it would cost more to have attendants at the field then they would make in collecting admission. I hope this yr attendance is good, the ladies are having a good season. I may attend a game but it really depends on my schedule. I would have no problem with $5 tkts and kids let in free.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Big weekend coming up having to face Mizzou twice in their own tournament down there. Mizzou will want revenge.

Last edited:

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Here's the summary in the middle of the 4th inning.

ISU had 10 hits vs Mizzou 1, had 9 RISP but couldn't convert them to more runs.

Freshman pitcher Saya Swain is doing a pretty good job.

Live Stats LINK

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Another nut cup kind of game. Cyclones fan haven't we had enough? Overall good game except for one bad inning. Gotta clean up the mistakes. Hope the ladies can bounce back in tomorrow's rubber match.

Last edited:

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I don't follow softball and the only game I have seen in person is when we played Mizzou before they left the Big 12 because their pitcher just happened to play basketball for my brother in law and was one of the top pitchers in the country at the time. ISU got crushed that game and Mizzou pulled the pitcher to let a freshman girl get some innings in with a big lead. Really cool to see how far the program has come since then because it used to seem like ISU was the JV team playing the Varsity teams.