*** Cyclone Fanatic Cereal Tournament: Championship ***

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Good Mythical Morning did Frosted Flakes vs Raisin Bran today.

They chose Raisin Bran.

They did a March Madness cereal bracket a few years back and Cinnamon Toast Crunch won.

• Angry
Reactions: nrg4isu

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I would have gone with Grapenuts, but that kinda got kicked to the curb. :D
Due to this contest, just last week I was looking for off brand Grape-Nuts. Neither Aldi nor Walmart carry those as off brand anymore. Granola is granola, I don't want to pay twice the price for the name on the box.

Last edited:

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Do to this contest, just last week I was looking for off brand Grape-Nuts. Neither Aldi nor Walmart carry those as off brand anymore. Granola is granola, I don't want to pay twice the price for the name on the box.
I used to love Grape Nuts growing up. They became an after thought as I grew older and moved out of my parents house and on to a busy life where for a few years breakfast in an of itself kind of found its way out of my rotation of meals. Now that I am back to living like a real adult, this is the first mention of Grape Nuts I have heard in years if not decades. What a throwback. I only would it eat it every once in awhile so it would probably take me a year to get thru a whole box.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Due to this contest, just last week I was looking for off brand Grape-Nuts. Neither Aldi nor Walmart carry those as off brand anymore. Granola is granola, I don't want to pay twice the price for the name on the box.
Strongly recommend against HyVee brand. All brands are NOT equal.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Strongly recommend against HyVee brand. All brands are NOT equal.
Some things in the HyVee brand I can deal with... potato chips, cooking stocks/broth, canola oil, stick butter, brown sugar, baking stuff like chocolate chips, frozen french fries and tots, etc.

Other things in the HyVee brand we typically avoid, including cereals. I'd add things like ketchup, mustard, mayo, cream cheese, pasta sauces, cottage cheese, soups, probably others, IMO there's a clear difference in quality and taste.

On the topic of food brands, I've tried a few of the Crav'n branded items and have been pretty impressed. Also, we've always been a Hellman's Light family for mayo, but I recently tried Duke's mayo and I'm sold. Really good stuff IMO.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Some things in the HyVee brand I can deal with... potato chips, cooking stocks/broth, canola oil, stick butter, brown sugar, baking stuff like chocolate chips, frozen french fries and tots, etc.

Other things in the HyVee brand we typically avoid, including cereals. I'd add things like ketchup, mustard, mayo, cream cheese, pasta sauces, cottage cheese, soups, probably others, IMO there's a clear difference in quality and taste.

On the topic of food brands, I've tried a few of the Crav'n branded items and have been pretty impressed. Also, we've always been a Hellman's Light family for mayo, but I recently tried Duke's mayo and I'm sold. Really good stuff IMO.

I'm on the other side regarding Crav'n brand. I have not been impressed.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Interesting. I've had some of their crackers, frozen pot stickers, frozen onion rings, and frozen pub style pizza and thought all were pretty solid.

Haven't had a ton of their stuff but products I have had have been very bad and discouraged me from trying other stuff with their brand.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA

Except of course, Jack Trice cereal when it was available. Bastards, I am still waiting for the Muscatine Hy-Vee to get it in when they told me three times they ordered some and it will be coming (yeah, righttttt). I finally grabbed some from DSM area Hy-Vee on a trip. Had to have the box for my ISU collection.