Cyclone Basketball History, The 400 Level Class

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Very interesting indeed. Too bad you can't get more history on folks back in those days. I looked for more info on Glenn Myatt and could only find his obituary.

Anyway, what a one year college career, huh? Then off to the Navy, and after that a farming career.

Too bad I didn't talk to him more as I grew up 1.5 miles from him. I didn't even know he went to Iowa State as he was just another farmer neighbor and I had no interest in being a farmer myself.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
"play" as in even being on the team. Probably not many players are still 17 by NCAA tourney time.

What would a Fanatic thread be without going off on a tangent.

Was listening to a Cubs game (I believe) and they mentioned Bob Feller was a 17 year old major leaguer and had 17 K's in a game. After the season was over, he went back to HS.

No million $ signing bonuses in 1936!

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
What would a Fanatic thread be without going off on a tangent.

Was listening to a Cubs game (I believe) and they mentioned Bob Feller was a 17 year old major leaguer and had 17 K's in a game. After the season was over, he went back to HS.

No million $ signing bonuses in 1936!
The Heater from Van Meter. For those that didn't know, Bob Feller was from Van Meter, Iowa and was known for how hard he could pitch. Probably one of the fastest pitchers in history.

• Agree
Reactions: kcbob79clone