cyclone alley

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
I suspect half he CA people are there to party, they have been partying couple hours before, they are trying to impress each other, they are looking for a good heckling time, they are enjoying themselves, they really do not like the other team, they have lots of energy, they do not care about fans outside their group, and they do not care what other people think of them. By having a large group of similar thinking people, sitting together, you get what you get: enthusiasm, lewd comments, craziness. Is that so bad?

If the above is true, it will not change this year in the last six home games. It is probably similar atmosphere in Kansas, Missouri and Nebraska.

It's more subdued than at the football games, that's for sure.

CyAg

May 22, 2006
Wesley fair point and I think you are accurate.

If this is correct, the university will have to decide if this is how they want to be represented. They may say enthusiasm and craziness is good. Lewd could be one that is evaluated.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Here is an interesting article from 2004 concerning a similar problem at the University of Maryland. I wonder if it was ever resolved.

The people here saying that the team and head coach need to get involved share the same perspective as the author of the article.

Cursing at games

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
Here is an interesting article from 2004 concerning a similar problem at the University of Maryland. I wonder if it was ever resolved.

The people here saying that the team and head coach need to get involved share the same perspective as the author of the article.

Cursing at games

Yes, but it should be pointed out that was going on at Maryland was far worse than dropping an F-bomb. Fans were making lewd comments to J.J. Reddick pertaining to having sex with his sister; really nasty stuff. Some also got a hold of his cell phone number and continued the harassment through calls and messages.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron