Cubs Thrillers and Killers of the 2000's

mdclone

Nov 9, 2006
Iowa
I'm already depressed watching it snow when I should be in Phoenix right now and then you have to go post that. I can't believe I read the 2003 one, that is like getting kicked in the nuts again.

agronclone

Jul 25, 2009
des moines
yeah well, what did the 'experts' say during the first decade of the 20th century? we still have that to hold our heads up on. :yes:

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
I was at the last game of that 5 game labor day series between the Cubs and Cards in 2003. All I can say is that it was the most electric atmosphere I had ever experienced in a major league ballpark. I remember watching that game they talked about(it was the day before the game I went to)at the ESPN Zone downtown. That place went nuts when they won and the bartender even gave out $2.00 draws (when compared to the normal $7.00 draws it was the equivalent to them giving beer away).
Anyway, the game the next day was unreal. I remember Alou got ejected from the game early on for arguing balls and strikes. The game was back and forth all day. I believe the lead changed four maybe five times. In the end the Cubs prevailed and Houston lost that day as well putting the Cubs into first for good.