Crowd tonight

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
They can't choose to leave because we aren't playing well, or leave when we have the game all bagged up because they want to beat traffic home. Stay the entire game, and show your appreciation for their hard work, rather than showing them your backside as you are scurrying to get home. You're going to be sitting for 20 minutes in the cold parking lot anyways, whats 2 more minutes in a warm building?

The thing is that if you are ready to leave right when the final horn sounds, you WILL beat most of the traffic home. There's a HUGE difference in your travel time home whether you leave right at the buzzer or if you wait until after the band has played the final fight song. I'm not condoning heading out early on our team or leaving at the under 4 timeout, just saying that this myth about "not making a difference in travel time" is completely false.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
No we don't do that in Hilton, because we expect to win at home regardless of the opponent.

Well get ready to be P.O'd because just as there's a 100% chance of there being empty seats in the student section, parquet, and balcony, there is a 100% chance that the students will storm the court tonight if we win. I don't think that's a bad thing, we've had our share of frustrations this year so it'd be nice to finally celebrate something happy.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
On yeah... and lets be noisy early to avoid the 21-2 start we had against them a couple years ago in Hilton.

Everyone get off your duff a couple extra times tonight early. Make it a point to stand up a time or two more than normal. Things like that are contagous.

alleycrew53

Oct 31, 2007
No we don't do that in Hilton, because we expect to win at home regardless of the opponent. I will be pissed if they storm the court, plus they do enough of that in Football.

How can we NOT storm? It's a top ten team! Bring the storm. I got my running shoes on for tonight.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Yeah we don't want to get stopped by 10 rent a cops like Vanderbilt did last night, even though they can't rush anything in the SEC.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Well get ready to be P.O'd because just as there's a 100% chance of there being empty seats in the student section, parquet, and balcony, there is a 100% chance that the students will storm the court tonight if we win. I don't think that's a bad thing, we've had our share of frustrations this year so it'd be nice to finally celebrate something happy.

To me a win tonight would be similar to the '97 FB win against Baylor.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
STORM It tonight WHEN we win. Its a must on ESPN.

how funny/ anti-climatic would it be if we just cheered and acted like nothing happened, just saying because that would never happen anywhere, you beat a team thats ranked/ranked higher than you, you rush...its in the FANHOOD rule book.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
i will bet all my cybookie points that the whole parquet won't even be full, lay off the students, its gettin real old!!

Ahh, but will there be hundreds of empty seats in the parquet.He never said full. The % is the key factor, which nobody would ever be able to accomplish,so the whole point is worthless. Everyone is cheering for the same cause, and it all goes to the same place. Go State

CycloneTony

Nov 3, 2007
Indianola
Good point. With the number of KU fans that flock Hilton... that should offset the number of people/students who wont show.

Im guessing around 10-11,000 actually attend.... which would be an accomplishment.

The KU game has not been full for a few years now.

it was almost sold out last year I got tickets the day they came out and we sat clear at the top

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames
I'm dragging 2 of my friends with me...15$ tix so they will be able to afford them! GO STATE! I'm feeling lucky tonight!