CR and IC Area breweries back open

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
- Quarterbarrel was closed due to pandemic, but is now back open.
- Third Base Brewery was closed due to derecho damage, but is finally back open.
- House Divided Brewery in Ely is back open and holding events.
- Iowa Brewing has not slowed down too much (and they're selling cans of Ahhh Bock!, the infamous product of the old Stone City Brewery).
- Thew is steady.
- Lion Bridge is steady.
- ClockHouse is selling A LOT of Witch Slap NEIPA.
- Big Grove is selling A LOT of Easy Eddie (and both locations are open).
- No report from Backpocket (but I finally like at least one of their beers).
- Millstream, old ownership team has retired and sold out. New owners have kept most of the old staff and are making changes as well as introducing new brews.
I'm probably missing a few that arguably should be on this list (Kalona), and at least one that perhaps shouldn't be on this list (aka, Granite City).

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
Most were open for to go. We have been going to House Divided almost every week since February. They have been open but limited indoor capacity, had outdoor tents. We did our part to keep them around. Owner is an ISU grad.

Backpocket is fully open as far as service. Masks still required if not at your table. Mug club events in full swing.

Smaller towns are more open than the larger cities. Some, not all no longer require masks.

Reactions: cc1091

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
- Quarterbarrel was closed due to pandemic, but is now back open.
- Third Base Brewery was closed due to derecho damage, but is finally back open.
- House Divided Brewery in Ely is back open and holding events.
- Iowa Brewing has not slowed down too much (and they're selling cans of Ahhh Bock!, the infamous product of the old Stone City Brewery).
- Thew is steady.
- Lion Bridge is steady.
- ClockHouse is selling A LOT of Witch Slap NEIPA.
- Big Grove is selling A LOT of Easy Eddie (and both locations are open).
- No report from Backpocket (but I finally like at least one of their beers).
- Millstream, old ownership team has retired and sold out. New owners have kept most of the old staff and are making changes as well as introducing new brews.
I'm probably missing a few that arguably should be on this list (Kalona), and at least one that perhaps shouldn't be on this list (aka, Granite City).
I haven't been to the Backpocket Coralville location but I do like their Dubuque location. Cool venue, free pool, good food, decent beer.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I haven't been to the Backpocket Coralville location but I do like their Dubuque location. Cool venue, free pool, good food, decent beer.

Wasn't able to make it to the CR location before it closed. Was kind of disappointed in that.

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
Wasn't able to make it to the CR location before it closed. Was kind of disappointed in that.
I honestly didn't know that there ever was a CR location lol. I usually end up at Lion's Bridge in CR. I've had a few good ones from Clock House and Thew as well.

Reactions: ATCy

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
Dubuque Back Pocket and that whole neighborhood of bars is fantastic. Dimensional is awesome.

Lots of small towns are getting their own breweries now that are on my list to check out too. Independence, Manchester, Dyersville, Maquoketa, and Central City all have new breweries

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
Dubuque Back Pocket and that whole neighborhood of bars is fantastic. Dimensional is awesome.

Lots of small towns are getting their own breweries now that are on my list to check out too. Independence, Manchester, Dyersville, Maquoketa, and Central City all have new breweries

I love Dimensional. Of the towns you listed I probably like Textile the most. BIT and Maquoketa Brewing are pretty solid. I've had a couple of Franklin St brews but never been there. Haven't had anything from Allerton yet. Textile opened up a sister pup called The Corner Taproom in Cascade that rotates different Iowa brews.

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
I love Dimensional. Of the towns you listed I probably like Textile the most. BIT and Maquoketa Brewing are pretty solid. I've had a couple of Franklin St brews but never been there. Haven't had anything from Allerton yet. Textile opened up a sister pup called The Corner Taproom in Cascade that rotates different Iowa brews.

I wasn’t aware of Cascade so thanks for that. 10 minutes from my house. And I have been to textile one time and it was nice

Reactions: cc1091

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
I wasn’t aware of Cascade so thanks for that. 10 minutes from my house. And I have been to textile one time and it was nice
They have their menu on untapped. There's usually around 20 different Iowa beers on tap at a time and you can get growler fills of any of them. Happy Joe's is in the same building so you can order food to your table.

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
Dimensional is outstanding. Allerton snuck up on me so I am looking forward to trying out that place. They have a NEIPA "Homestretch" that sounds intriguing.

An underrated brewery is Adventurous out in the Quad Cities. I don't think they have a sit-down place yet, but at least they distribute a little bit.

Reactions: Nader_uggghhh

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
The Cedar Rapids location of Backpocket was very hampered by extremely dishonest people working there. I'm not only glad they closed the CR location, but that the Dubuque location is represented by better people and also (probably) by better beers (dang I like the Bubba).