Cowherd rips Iowa

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
Why does Notre Dame get credit for playing Texas this year??

Cowherd is an absolute moron anyway. He is trolling Iowa because their fans will make a big deal out of it. Many of them search for media takes about the Hawkeyes that they can be offended by. And Cowherd knows this

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Cowherd is perfect for working dopes like Jon Miller. I'm in the minority, but I enjoy Cowherd, and not just because he is saying what everyone outside Muscatine knows to be true.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
He has a point. Unfortunately that extends to Baylor and OSU too at this point but they can make up for it in conference. Iowa can't. I mean honestly, ISu is probably in the middle of their schedule, strength wise.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Why does Notre Dame get credit for playing Texas this year??

Cowherd is an absolute moron anyway. He is trolling Iowa because their fans will make a big deal out of it. Many of them search for media takes about the Hawkeyes that they can be offended by. And Cowherd knows this

You completely missed his point. That's also why you don't like him.

jahfg

Apr 19, 2006
Ames
Cowherd preys on those with massive chips on their shoulder. Iowa fans are carrying the largest right now. ISU fans would be just as annoying. It's more of a midwest thing than an ISU/Iowa thing.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
He did this in 2009 as well. If it's not USC, Texas, ND, New England Patriots, Yankees, Red Sox, etc., he doesn't buy it. The guy is an absolute moron. If Cowherd is ****** about Iowa, I'm happy.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
Pretty sure the only time he's mentioned ISU football was when he said he didn't care if Iowa State went 13-0, he's not talking about them because nobody cares.

THEY CARED ON NOVEMBER 18th and 19th 2011!!!!!!!

sorry. That was mean.!!!!!

Last edited:

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Comparing Iowas and ND's schedule isnt apples to apples. Also, Baylor hasnt played anyone in the non-con since forever. Other than that, he has reasonable points n matter how much I cant stand the guy.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
He's not wrong in his point. Iowa hasn't played a national relevant non-conference game in a long time. Maybe 2003 when #16 Arizona State played in Iowa City? Idk

That said, it's not really relevant to the discussion of Iowa's resume. At this point in time, Iowa has a case for a top 10 or top 5 ranking. That can change and most likely will, but because Iowa scheduled Pitt instead of Alabama isn't really relevant.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don't like him because he's a bloviating blowhard, but you're free to enjoy that I suppose

Instead of saying "Cowherd's and idiot" You could perhaps prove him wrong. His point is on. Iowa schedules no one while all those other teams he mentioned schedule not only good teams, but often great teams. Iowa is not the 5th best team in the country. You also can't make much of an argument they are better than anyone in the top 10. They haven't beaten a good team yet and have struggled with some marginal teams. They have no wins that signal they belong with anyone in the top 8. This isn't really arguable and he's factually right that they never play big games and he's factually right when he says everything has changed for everyone else just like Iowa. If anything he could have talked about that, in fact Iowa hasn't really had anything change in a negative way. They are in the easiest division of BCS football now and they have a schedule that dodges the best three teams in the conference. Depending on how good the Est champion is, they will get shelled either there or in a top level bowl game.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Comparing Iowas and ND's schedule isnt apples to apples. Also, Baylor hasnt played anyone in the non-con since forever. Other than that, he has reasonable points n matter how much I cant stand the guy.

Right, but Baylor will play 3 top 15 teams in conference. Iowa won't play a team as good as the 4th best team Baylor plays until their championship game. If Iowa and any Big 12 team are undefeated and Iowa is in, the conference plans need overhauled.

Goothrey

May 5, 2009
Dayton via Austin
Some of y'alls hatred of Iowa clouds your judgement a bit. Iowa is a good team. If they go undefeated, with out question they deserve a spot in the playoff and they would be in.