Coronavirus Coronavirus: In-Iowa General Discussion (Not Limited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
From what I've experienced. I don't know why some employers are really worked up about letting people work at home if it's at least semi reasonable to do so.

If they think they won't work if they aren't "in" at work, then let them sink or swim. If they screw around, then let them go and find someone else. When this is done, there is going to be a lot of good employees looking for work. Sounds mean, but it is a chance to let those poor employees eliminate themselves.

acody

Nov 25, 2006
From what I've experienced. I don't know why some employers are really worked up about letting people work at home if it's at least semi reasonable to do so.

If they think they won't work if they aren't "in" at work, then let them sink or swim. If they screw around, then let them go and find someone else. When this is done, there is going to be a lot of good employees looking for work. Sounds mean, but it is a chance to let those poor employees eliminate themselves.

With today's technology, there is no reason for an "office type" worker to not work from home. Also, working from home has been in place for many office workers for several years. It's just now getting more headlines. I work from home and have found that I actually work more productive efficient hours because there are less distractions. No to and from commute, much less chit chat with fellow workers, no wasted lunch hour/coffee breaks and most importantly, no work place drama. Everything is on line and can be supervised/monitored by management without physically watching employees. If an employee wants to screw around, it will catch up to them real quick.

Reactions: Acylum and baller21

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I'm tired of hearing the governors and president talk. Introduce the medical professionals and let them speak.
i agree but they'll just bring up doctors who agree with them. (today's Dr. and Dr. Oz)

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Is Iowa “stay at home” yet? Missouri just went today. Three weeks for now, then?

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Well, time will tell whether she is right or wrong. Take the advice of your experts and make a decision...Kim is holding just short of a SIP until the numbers cross her red line. Next 5-7 days will tell the tale.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I wonder if they test those people before they discharge them? If so, they may have people getting double hits? I guess maybe I’m trying too hard to get their stuff to add up.

Are recovered cases accounted for anywhere? Active vs total cases? Not sure if that's what the diff may be

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Are recovered cases accounted for anywhere? Active vs total cases? Not sure if that's what the diff may be

Nationally they are. But I don't know if those numbers are accurate vs. how hospitals keep track. Brought it up earlier--if someone is just sent home to quarantine after testing positive, does the hospital monitor, or just assume they're recovered after 14 days so long as they didn't die?

Sadly, the deaths are catching up with the 'recovered' numbers. Was 2:1 the other way.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

https://idph.iowa.gov/Emerging-Health-Issues/Novel-Coronavirus

It won't let me copy the graph, but here is the page from the department of health. It gives hospitalized, discharged and recovering, deaths, and never hospitalized. My logic says you should add these four lines together to get the total cases, but it has always been short some.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
I see that Minnesota governor just publicly requested Iowa to SIP.

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Also how the Minn gov decided to issue his sip order :
Walz said the decision was informed by modeling by experts at the Minnesota Department of Health,

Reactions: Halincandenza

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So, 0.0025% of Iowans are currently hospitalized? At this point I don't see all of the fuss for adding more restrictions.

Like how the number may go up and overwhelm the hospitals eventually?

Reports from other parts of the country are that it's all Covid all the time in their hospitals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron