Coming to Ames.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Non game highlight was the couple who got engaged. Also the half time hiphop dance club from ISU was surprisingly good.

savepolarbears

Dec 4, 2013
If I were coach, I would have put our rebounders back in for free throws after the first 0 for 2. Would have certainly helped keep our national ranking in FT percentage.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Well thanks folks. I t was great. I took it in. Skunk river and all.

Game turned out to be the tale of two halves.

Anxiously awaiting the Hickory Park review.

geewago

Jan 1, 2013
Waco,tx
Anxiously awaiting the Hickory Park review.

Well I eat out all the time so I'm not overly impressed with any place unless it's just exceptionally good. I was very impressed with the building, the atmosphere and the dinner crowd they had. The parking lot was practically full when I was there. The food was very good. But I cant say it was any better than a lot of the little hole-in-the-wall BBQ places we have in Texas. Problem was I was too full after I ate most of the plate to take advantage of the big desert menu. I love that kind of stuff, but if I had ordered desert I would have left feeling like a pumped up football.

Reactions: NWICY and Cycsk

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Well I eat out all the time so I'm not overly impressed with any place unless it's just exceptionally good. I was very impressed with the building, the atmosphere and the dinner crowd they had. The parking lot was practically full when I was there. The food was very good. But I cant say it was any better than a lot of the little hole-in-the-wall BBQ places we have in Texas. Problem was I was too full after I ate most of the plate to take advantage of the big desert menu. I love that kind of stuff, but if I had ordered desert I would have left feeling like a pumped up football.

Sounds like a fairly common review. Great place. May have had better food elsewhere, but the combo of food quality, food quantity, and atmosphere make it pretty special, especially for a town like Ames.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron