Collegefootballnews rankings are complete joke (LINK)

hurdleisu24

Bookie
Sep 13, 2008
New York
I like basing them on what the teams have done but these are so stupid its not even funny. Auburn hasn't beat anyone, Neb lost to Va tech, I can handle TCU being ranked ahead of Boise but Houston should be ahead of both,Kansas has 1 win over anyone decent and the other games they have struggled

HawkFanISUalum

May 17, 2009
Iowa City, IA
Hahaha...Iowa #7?? I enjoy the kool-aid from time-to-time, but #7 is ridiculous. They even say Iowa's Offense is "awful". Yet they rank us #7?

Then, under Penn State at #25, they say "Why the ranking is too low: It's not. This is a bit of a gift because the defense is so strong. Iowa isn't that good." If Iowa isn't that good, then why the hell are they ranking them at #7?

Either the guy making these up needs his head examined, or it's 20 different people writing these and the editor is too drunk at his desk to actually proof-read for consistency.

Reactions: CycloneErik

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Would it be possible to make a RPI for college football like they do NCAA basketball? With only 12 games I don't know if that would be enough games to make it valid. I think it would be more accurate than some of these rankings that are based on one person's opinion or can be "tweaked" like the BSC.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Last edited:

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
It is actually looking like our schedule will be pretty tough with 5 teams that will be in the top 15 or 20 at some point this year.

pujolsman

Mar 3, 2008
I'm pretty sure we'd be in the top 20 if we would have beat Iowa, I think they put almost all the undefeated teams at the to even if they played nobody's..

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
I would think to hard about this poll! If you look down, they have Arkansas (1-3) ahead of UCLA (3-0) and have Michigan State (1-3) and Fresno State (1-3) ahead of Texas A&M (3-0). Schools like Air Force, Colorado St, Minnesota and Rutgers who are all 3-1 ranked lower than all
the above!!!!

Also, Auburn, Nebraska and Iowa as #5, #6 and #7!!!

TOTAL CRAP!!!

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Would it be possible to make a RPI for college football like they do NCAA basketball? With only 12 games I don't know if that would be enough games to make it valid. I think it would be more accurate than some of these rankings that are based on one person's opinion or can be "tweaked" like the BSC.

I believe that the closest thing the CFB has to and RPI system are the Sagarin ratings, which have Iowa at #5, and if anyone watched Gameday yesterday, the reporter that they interviewed from the Cleveland Plain Dealer has Iowa at #5.

I don't know why anyone would get bent out of shape over where CFN put teams, save your outrage for the coaches poll, which loses credibility each year...like today.