College Football Survivor game

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
It is time to play College Football Survivor. I don’t have any Cyclone Fanatic credits to offer, but since I want to play, I am willing to run the game for anyone else who wants to play. Maybe CW will kick in some credits once we get going.

Here are the rules:

1. Pick an unbeaten FBS team each week that you think will win (outright, no spreads) but posting a reply in this thread. If the team you pick wins, you survive to the next week. I will try to post a list of eligible games early each week.

2. The team you pick must be playing against another FBS team (no FCS or Division 2).

3. You can only pick a team once for the season. Don’t worry about conference championships (or bowl games). No one made it that far last year, but if anyone does, we will have a special contest for those who are still in.

4. Make your picks by 11am CT on Saturday. However, if you pick a team that plays earlier, you must post your pick before that game begins.

5. If you change your mind about a pick, you must post the new pick by 11am CT on Saturday as long as the game you originally picked and the new one haven’t started. Don’t edit your posts, but just make a new reply and make clear that you are making a correction to an earlier post.

6. If you have any questions, concerns, or problems, post them in the thread or send a private message to me as commissioner.

Have fun.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Here are the games for Week 1 (based on the ESPN website listings adjusted for CT). Please post a reply if you find an error or discrepancy.

Thursday, August 30
6pm. South Carolina at Vanderbilt
UCF at Akron
Eastern Michigan at Ball State
6:30pm. UTSA at South Alabama
Massachusetts at Connecticut
UCLA at Rice
Texas A&M at Louisiana Tech
9:15pm. Washington State at Brigham Young
10pm. Minnesota at UNLV

Friday, August 31
6:30pm. Tennessee vs. North Carolina State*
7:00pm. Boise State at Michigan State
9:00pm. San Jose State at Stanford

Saturday, September 1
8:00am. Notre Dame vs. Navy*
11:00am or later.
Buffalo at Georgia
Marshall at West Virginia
Miami (OH) at Ohio State
Troy at UAB
Northwestern at Syracuse
Ohio at Penn State
Western Michigan at Illinois
Nevada at California
Southern Miss at Nebraska
Bowling Green at Florida
Tulsa at Iowa State
Miami (FL) at Boston College
Iowa vs. Northern Illinois*
Colorado State vs. Colorado*
North Texas at LSU
Clemson vs. Auburn*
Florida International at Duke
Hawaii at USC
Michigan vs. Alabama*
Wyoming at Texas
Texas State at Houston
Rutgers at Tulane
Oklahoma at UTEP
Arkansas State at Oregon
Toledo at Arizona
San Diego State at Washington
Kentucky at Louisville
Southern Methodist at Baylor
Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech

*Neutral location.

Last edited:

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Can I pick the same team as someone else (CyCash). I was also going to pick UCF, but if I can't, South Carolina.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
You can pick the same team as someone else, but once you pick a team, you can't pick them again.

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Can I pick the same team as someone else (CyCash). I was also going to pick UCF, but if I can't, South Carolina.

you can pick the same team as me.

Also, I think Villanova is still d2? It says they are CAA. I was thinking of picking Temple but didn't want any confusion

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
you can pick the same team as me.

Also, I think Villanova is still d2? It says they are CAA. I was thinking of picking Temple but didn't want any confusion

Thanks. Villanova @ Temple has been removed from the list of games to pick from.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
UCF is a good bet because I dont really know when I would pick them again. Wanna save South Carolina for a later date.

isu_oak

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2006
So we finally gave up on RhoadsRage starting the FBS Suicide game again this year. I was getting a little nervous with only 1 week left.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
So we finally gave up on RhoadsRage starting the FBS Suicide game again this year. I was getting a little nervous with only 1 week left.

He didn't reply to my PMs and I haven't even seen him on CF this year, so I thought I would just go ahead and start it. Just didn't seem right to start the week before the first game without it.

Last edited:

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I'll take Texas A&M so I have a reason to watch on Thursday night :)

cloneteach

Nov 19, 2009
Add me to the list jumping on Central Florida....I'm guessing they won't be winning week two against ohio state....thanks for setting this up