(Cole Bair) Mark Farley quote

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Day was the best QB in the state last year I’d say for sure.

Not sure about this season yet…. although if he were at ISU right now, he’d likely be our starter game 1 if Dekkers is not allowed to play.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
I’ve seen him play a couple games in the dome. He’s ok. Farley did some weird stuff with him and didn’t let him open up consistently. I’m not sure he has the weapons to really show the merit he’s somewhat getting. He’s good but in that system I don’t know any qb can be great.
Two years ago, I absolutely agree.

Last year, after he and the new coordinator clicked, that offense was vertical and explosive. Mark has finally separated himself from the offense and given up control and it's night and day different.

• Informative
Reactions: BigCyFan

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
The draft makes zero sense. Fat Stanley got drafted.

It's slowly changing, but the draft has always been about measurables. At QB, that's arm strength #1, size #2, mobility #3, accuracy #4, decision making #5. The NFL thinks that they can fix accuracy and decision making. By slowly changing, I mean 20 years ago, Kyler Murray would have went undrafted or drafted late as a WR. He went first overall.

Stanley was better at Purdy in arm strength and size. He was the more prototypical NFL QB. That's why he got drafted higher. But Purdy was way better at the other 3.

7Got6

Aug 16, 2021
He was behind on the depth chart to two guys who were very average in rocky lombardi (transferred to northern Illinois I think) and Payton Thorne who no one was really sad to see transfer to auburn. Guy has great size but he was just a three star recruit with limited mobility and there is a reason no P5 team picked him up.
He got 3 pass attempts in 3 years at MSU behind Lewerke, Lombardi and Thorne, which were at best slightly above average B10 qb’s.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Hunter is no slouch. Ask the IA record books. Clean up the Oline and start stretching the field...guy has a cannon, we just need the deep threat.
Hunter could be Joe Montana reincarnated but if the O-line doesn't drastically improve it isn't going to matter.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Hunter could be Joe Montana reincarnated but if the O-line doesn't drastically improve it isn't going to matter.

Or if Hunter isn’t allowed to play.

Btw…. Theo would have been the starter at Iowa last year for sure…. that is…. if father and son would have benched the lousy Petras…. which maybe they wouldn’t have?

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
He got 3 pass attempts in 3 years at MSU behind Lewerke, Lombardi and Thorne, which were at best slightly above average B10 qb’s.
Yep before that being behind a guy at MSU was a little more ok because we had a shocking amount of QB’s get drafted. Lewerke was really the first truly average QB sparty had start for multiple seasons and then COVID plus a coaching change messed a lot up.

Last edited:

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Yep before that being behind a guy at MSU was a little more ok because we had a shocking amount of QB’s get drafted. Lewerke was really the first truly average QB sparty had start for multiple seasons and then COVID plus a coaching change messed a lot up.
this feels like when that Jay hawk doofus used to argue with surly on here

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Tuco/Randomfan?
fpp,small,lustre,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: CloneLawman

Cydwinder

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 9, 2010
London, UK
He looked pretty pedestrian today. Maybe he meant best QB in the state that plays against mainly FCS competition.
He looked good when he had plenty of time and could sit in the pocket. When he was pressured or had to move in the pocket, he struggled. He is probably good at the FCS level but I was expecting more

Help Support Us

Become a patron