Coaching staff updates?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I really really really hope this doesn't hurt our recruiting.

Hey you wanna come play QB, DE, TE, or WR at ISU? Well we aren't quite sure who your position coach is but he will be good....

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley
First one to mention Sage or Flynn gets the ban hammer!!

K BI!

banhammer.gif

Cyclones01

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 23, 2008
Urbandale

Hey you wanna come play QB, DE, TE, or WR at ISU? Well we aren't quite sure who your position coach is but he will be good....

Thankfully we already pretty much have our QB and WRs as far as this recruiting class goes. We are still after some DE's but I would imagine the DT's all work pretty closely together, and we still have Shane. Not sure about TE

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
The only thing it has hurt is with Mister. Other than that nobody has decommitted and nobody has hinted that they are going to or are wavering.

Not to mention we have a lot of very good recruits coming in to visit in the next couple weeks. Gray, Ayeni, Warren, ect. It won't affect any of those guys.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Wouldn't shock me if we didn't hear more until after signing day. Lots of assistants wait until then and then bolt on the recruits they promised they would be there and coach.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Wouldn't shock me if we didn't hear more until after signing day. Lots of assistants wait until then and then bolt on the recruits they promised they would be there and coach.

Like Luke Wells last year. Wimberly was ****** when he found out about that.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009

Has that happened at this point, besides Mister?

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

Seems like our recruiting has picked up a lot since we got a new OC and RB coach, but ok.

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
No, but why wouldn't you want the maximum number of coaches recruiting?

This would be true during peak evaluation and home visit periods. Keep in mind that at this point most of the groundwork has been done and we are down to the last 5 or fewer slots. We have the coaches in place needed to close out the recruiting class.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
No, but why wouldn't you want the maximum number of coaches recruiting?

If all of the coaches currently on staff are recruiting then we are at max. You can only have so many coaches (I believe 8) on the road at one time recruiting.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron