CMC to Michigan?

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
That dumb Michigan state fan who hangs around here and claims to know the inner workings of both Michigan and Michigan State thinks Campbell would still be at the top of their list.

I still think Harbaugh stays at Michigan.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
That dumb Michigan state fan who hangs around here and claims to know the inner workings of both Michigan and Michigan State thinks Campbell would still be at the top of their list.

I'd be more confident in Harbaugh leaving had he not beaten OSU and won the Big 10. He's earned himself some goodwill at a good job where he was already well-liked.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
I have about a 0.000000000001% chance of getting laid tonight. I'd put him leaving this year for another college program or the pros less than that. So everyone relax. Now, if I get laid tonight, it's PANIC time for him leaving. I'll check in tomorrow IF that happens.
Will you let us know from the Emergency room? ;)

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
All this Harbaugh smoke is just his agent trying to get his client a new contract at UM..

Remember last off season they cut his base salary in half...

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
On Chicago sports radio this morning they were talking about Harbaugh possibly to the Bears. But they mentioned that in the last day or so one of the coaches from Notre Dame (I believe they said the OL coach) left to take a job at Michigan (from where he graduated). The coach had previously expressed his love for his job at ND, and the radio hosts indicated they highly doubted if Harbaugh would take the coach from a job he loved only to go and quit as head coach a short time later and leave the guy with a new boss (and possibly out of a job). The radio hosts felt pretty strongly that Harbaugh is staying put.
I'm not in tune with the Chicago sports scene but I'm not sure about this Harbaugh to the Bears talk. Wasn't Harbaugh greatly disliked his last couple of years in Chicago?

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
I have about a 0.000000000001% chance of getting laid tonight. I'd put him leaving this year for another college program or the pros less than that. So everyone relax. Now, if I get laid tonight, it's PANIC time for him leaving. I'll check in tomorrow IF that happens.
I'm married, so my chances are less than yours.

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA

Keep us informed. But please no details I just ate.

Reactions: jcyclonee

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
On Chicago sports radio this morning they were talking about Harbaugh possibly to the Bears. But they mentioned that in the last day or so one of the coaches from Notre Dame (I believe they said the OL coach) left to take a job at Michigan (from where he graduated). The coach had previously expressed his love for his job at ND, and the radio hosts indicated they highly doubted if Harbaugh would take the coach from a job he loved only to go and quit as head coach a short time later and leave the guy with a new boss (and possibly out of a job). The radio hosts felt pretty strongly that Harbaugh is staying put.

Mike Elston was DL coach at ND and taking same job at his alma mater, Michigan.

At the time, that switch worried me more about losing Heacock potentially in the event Elston wanted DC job and didn’t get it.

Also would Harbaugh hire new coach if he was leaving?

Reactions: aauummm

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
LOL. Well in that case, tonight should not be the one night of the year where you get lucky. Save it for the Team!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Maybe this thread will help you unpanic and keep everything in perspective.
a09.gif

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I know Michigan gave a lot of credit to Harbaugh hiring younger assistants that were able to relate to the players. I think it's a lowkey reason he wants to go the NFL but I'd guess they like someone in house. They championed a player driven culture and a lot of the things CMC says, makes him a good fit but its more likely they stay in house and not rock the boat culture wise.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
A lot of talk of Harbaugh returning to the NFL, so there is of course a new worry. I know there had been a lot of conversation on this board that there were two jobs in which we'd likely lose Campbell: OSU and MU. Anybody find reason for concern with this one?

Would Michigan do all-black? They have prominent gold. thinking, thinking... Not too worried. :confused:

• Funny
Reactions: aauummm

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston

Uhhh, he lived next to a guy one time that was supposed to be the coach in waiting. Obviously he’s on the inside….

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
Kind of a "hot taek" headline, dontcha think? The man got his team to the playoff and his potential departure to the NFL suddenly makes college football "not what it used to be?"

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron