Christmas Gifts

Tony

May 1, 2013
Ankeny, IA
Been dating a girl since mid-September. Have no idea what to get her, and she's not giving any ideas/dropping any hints.

Just remember you're setting the bar, don't set it too high, keep the expectations low or they'll use it against you years later...

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
Just remember you're setting the bar, don't set it too high, keep the expectations low or they'll use it against you years later...
Good point.

She does talk about stars and the constellations a lot. I thought about getting her a constellation guidebook.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Good point.

She does talk about stars and the constellations a lot. I thought about getting her a constellation guidebook.

You could always name a star after her using one of those services you used to see on late night TV. It could be a total sham, but I always thought the idea of having a giant burning ball of gas somewhere in the universe named after you was pretty cool.

http://www.starregistry.com/

In all honesty, I'd probably do something way cool like choose two stars near each other and name one Here Comes the Hotstepper and the other Murderer.

Last edited:

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
You could always name a star after her using one of those services you used to see on late night TV. It could be a total sham, but I always thought the idea of having a giant burning ball of gas somewhere in the universe named after you was pretty cool.

Name a Star: Buy a Star: International Star Registry

In all honesty, I'd probably do something way cool like choose two stars near each other and name one Here Comes the Hotstepper and the other Murderer.
I just told my wife I named all the stars for her because, you know, who the **** is going to tell me that I can't?

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
husband and I are kinda the same way. We actually did a few years of no gifts (said it was to save for the wedding/college broke-ness but let's be honest, it was pretty low stress)

He has surprised me a couple times (one time when my return gift was socks, I felt like a real winner that year!) but probably not this year. I think my main idea is that I want a new flat iron or boots.....which he wouldn't pick out. And he just wants more socks and a Blackhawk sweater.

Something else we've done that might be easier is going to events rather than getting things. Like we went to a nice steakhouse that my husband wanted to try for his birthday, and we went to a musical for mine. We don't tend to go out and do much of that type of stuff normally, so it's a pretty nice gift!

I thought that said boobs for a second and thought...oh, YES, he's picking them out.

That is all, back on topic.

OP: I have the same problem, luckily my wife and I don't do gifts, because I would generally spend more than she wants me to on her...not that I break the bank, but she's a spendthrift (ok, she's not watching...she's a tight@$$).

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I'm trying to decide on giving my wife either sexy lingerie or sex coupons. I think either is a solid gift

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA

Name a Star: Buy a Star: International Star Registry

As Tony pointed out, that may be setting a precedence I can't match in the future.

Unless told it's a bad idea, I think I will go with the book.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I found this groupon today for a canvas picture that is normally $110, the groupon is for $27. I got my wife one of our wedding photos from earlier this year put it on. I figure women like sentimental crap like this and it's a good deal. If you don't have any ideas, this might be worth considering.

Picture It On Canvas Deal of the Day | Groupon

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron