"Chizik has two years to win."

j4state

May 21, 2006
Visit site
I enjoy the observations you've posted. That's pretty much what message boards are for. If people don't like it, don't read it. That's a concept people seem to struggle with. If I see a thread title that doesn't interest me, I don't click on it.

I haven't clicked on the sunglasses thread because I don't know anything about them, nor do I care. :smile:

Agreed, but don't title the thread "Chizik has two years to win" (obviously trying to reel people in) when "Some random guy's opinion of Auburn football" would be a more accurate representation.

I think that's where the misunderstanding with this "concept" is sometimes.

Reactions: bellzisu

Cylax51

Apr 8, 2009
Lisbon, IA
All huevos busting aside I think Chizik references, specifically performance, are relevant. This year more than any other. I have stated in the past, if he pulls it off in 1 or 2 years down there, you might as well move this to in-state rivals and wait for the trolls to begin posting. My thoughts, no way does he even come close to Tuberville. In two years he will have the same work output as Pontiac

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Agreed, but don't title the thread "Chizik has two years to win" (obviously trying to reel people in) when "Some random guy's opinion of Auburn football" would be a more accurate representation.

I think that's where the misunderstanding with this "concept" is sometimes.

Thank you... Best Post of the day... I thought when I opened it, that it would be something from a website, or a person with some pull....

Not an ordinary Joe Blow that may or may not go to games. The title sucked me in... And of course.. I was let down.

Reactions: j4state

BEACHBUM

Oct 23, 2006
Des Moines
Lay off bad postings guys. This is a message board. The whole thing is a group of opinions and stories meant to entertain. Cutting someone down who wanted to share a story is just being a snob. You guys are taking it way too seriously, especially for a FREE message board!:wink:

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
I talked with an Auburn fan while in Florida this week, and I asked how new Coach Chizik was being received. His response to me is that Chizik has "two years to win" at Auburn. The fan base, and he included, liked Tuberville, and it was a couple of big boosters that pull this off. They will be happy with "w"s, but if he can't win right out of the chute, he's screwed according to this guy.

How so you know he was an Auburn fan? Did you just assume? :biglaugh:

Reactions: bellzisu

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Lay off bad postings guys. This is a message board. The whole thing is a group of opinions and stories meant to entertain. Cutting someone down who wanted to share a story is just being a snob. You guys are taking it way too seriously, especially for a FREE message board!:wink:

This has nothing to do with your post really... Except it got me thinking...

If I donated $5 to this site.. Can I declare that on my taxes next year??

I swear someday I will donate though.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
This has nothing to do with your post really... Except it got me thinking...

If I donated $5 to this site.. Can I declare that on my taxes next year??

I swear someday I will donate though.

Actually, I enjoy reading what others think about former coaches, players etc. Seems that's the point of a message board. And I'm fortunate to know some former players, current staff and others. Some things I know I share, some I can't. But for you it seems, the fun is knocking what other people think to build up yourself. If posting negative stuff after all of my posts is your mission in life, so be it. I won't play your game.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Actually, I enjoy reading what others think about former coaches, players etc. Seems that's the point of a message board. And I'm fortunate to know some former players, current staff and others. Some things I know I share, some I can't. But for you it seems, the fun is knocking what other people think to build up yourself. If posting negative stuff after all of my posts is your mission in life, so be it. I won't play your game.

Good for you knowing players and coaches... Thats great.. Wish I had the same hook up... Not sure what that has to do with anything?? Oh well

Yes.. I get all my life pleasure posting negative stuff... Read my other posts before you paint this broad stroke.

When I post... I'll have a point. I won't assume false assumptions. And I'm only knocking you... And not because your a bad person, I just hate people taking an assumption and passing it off as fact. Seems having the truth isn't important anymore.

Ohhhh and by the way... You are playing my game... After everytime I have posted, you came back trying to slam me or post something negative about me...

Pot... Meet kettle...:wink:

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
I lived in B-ham for 3 years and got a pretty good taste for the SEC and the UA/AU rivalry (even went to an Iron Bowl), and there is no way you could compare forcing out Tuberville to the Dmac situation. AU beat UA 6 years in a row up until 2008. They averaged 8.5 wins per season over the 10 years he coached there, including a 13-0 season that most people think they deserved a shot at the national title. They won 9 games in 2007, the year before he was forced to resign. I'd say if Chizik loses to UA and doesn't at least have the tigers in position to win a SEC championship he's out of there.

The schedule does look pretty positive for Chizik in his first season there.Should have wins at Lousiana Tech, Miss. State, Ball State, Furman and pretty good shot at Arkansas. With those wins and one upset, he hits a bowl game. (Hopefully against Iowa State). They have a good group of players back. He might just be able to pull it off.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
The schedule does look pretty positive for Chizik in his first season there.Should have wins at Lousiana Tech, Miss. State, Ball State, Furman and pretty good shot at Arkansas. With those wins and one upset, he hits a bowl game. (Hopefully against Iowa State). They have a good group of players back. He might just be able to pull it off.

I have no doubt that Chizik will be able to get Auburn to a bowl game in '09. Despite a down season last year, Auburn is still a power program. I just don't think that is going to satisfy anyone down there. After all, they considered Tuberville's 5-7 season bad enough to justify getting rid of one of the most successful coaches they have ever had.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
So did you contact a fan from every school in the country and plan on releasing one thread per day until football starts?

NEWSFLASH FROM STEVE DEACE.......The only sure win for Texas A & M is Iowa State!!!!

I heard this morning and just had a good laugh!!!!

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008
Are you sure you talked to an Auburn fan??? Or just an ordinary person on the street speculating his opinion and no real fact behind it.

I can't stand threads like this... Sorry... This guy has as much pull as I do I bet. I could make the statement... "I give PR 1 year to win, and if not. I think he will be fired"

+1. Unless this guy is a major booster, it doesn't mean anything. I'm a huge ISU fan, but who am I to say how long any of our coaches have?

For whatever reason, Pollard hasn't called me yet to ask how many games Rhoads needs to win next year. :jimlad:

This is one of my pet peeves - sports fans that try to talk authoritatively about stuff that they have no inside information for. Cheer for your team, have pride in your team, critique your team based on your personal observation, but don't act like you know as much from sitting in your armchair as the coaching staff/administration does when that is their job.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
I personally like to hear what the "average" fan has to say about a team. Ultimately, that is what will determine a coaches success or lack of percieved success. The people who buy the tickets. I agree bigtime boosters have their influence, but don't discount Joe six pack fans influence as well. Talking football with the Auburn fan was fun. He wanted my opinion as much as I wanted his. And after all, what is a message board for. Your opinion, my opinion on our team, coaches etc. This is for fun, not for publication in the newspaper. That's the spirit I offer info in, and I appreciate and respect other "average" fans as well.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
I enjoy the observations you've posted. That's pretty much what message boards are for. If people don't like it, don't read it. That's a concept people seem to struggle with. If I see a thread title that doesn't interest me, I don't click on it.

I haven't clicked on the sunglasses thread because I don't know anything about them, nor do I care. :smile:

Agree. All this. I too am not very knowledgeable in Sun Glasses as well. But I do like aviators.

ctcarse

Mar 15, 2009
Roanoke, Alabama
I have lived in Alabama for the last 20 years and graduated from Auburn in 1993(ISU in 1983). For those of you who have never lived in the "Heart of Dixie" football is everything. Remember when 93,000 fans showed up for Saban's first Spring game? Walmart had a shirt with that fact and my wife wanted that rag. If Auburn does not play in an SEC Championship game within 3 years he will be sacrificed to the Auburn donor machine. In Alabama(the state) there is no mercy for losing(9-3) football coaches. He could also still be fired if he doesn't beat Bama, even with a stellar record.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron