Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Yep, I agree all around.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I was in college at that time and I remember listening to that UConn game on a headset because I was no where near a TV that weekend. People at the retreat I was at thought I was nuts because I was going bonkers while the 3 pointers were raining and we made our run. That was one helluva team to watch that year and I see a lot of the same chemistry in this team as I do that one. There is 1 common thing to point out that both these teams had some outstanding freshmen players, Angie Welle and Tracy Gahan were a big part of that team just like Prins and Poppens have been for this one.

Was good to see Bill incorporate the past in the post game lockeroom. Monica Huelman, Erica Junod, Kelly Cizik, and Mary Cofield I believe all were sitting in the 1st press row both games. I figured he'd probably be pulling Mo in if they won last night since she was a part of that team that beat UConn last time and I think Bill is quite proud to have Mo around the program still (I see her walking around Hilton quite a bit throughout the season) as like he said she is the first player he recruited here and was where all this success first started. She wasn't a star player here but she had a lot of big games for ISU in her career and is the prototypical player Bill likes to recruit here who plays hard in his system and represents ISU well off the court as well.

abe2010

Jan 14, 2009
Story City, IA
When he said "That was a classic Iowa State game" my first thought was-nerve wracking/hair pulling/heart attack inducing win? but i'll take it every time. It's good for my health

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
When he said "That was a classic Iowa State game" my first thought was-nerve wracking/hair pulling/heart attack inducing win? but i'll take it every time. It's good for my health
I thought the same thing when I heard that. I'm not sure that it's good for my health though. Took me two hours and three beers to calm down so that I could go to sleep!!:yes:

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009

My wife spent most of the last five minutes curled up in the fetal position in front of her seat.