Check out Atlanta...

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
The Falcons, that is. :wink:

They got deserted by their new HC after just one year. Guy ran out of town in somewhat similar fashion (said repeatedly he was there to stay, then gone). No apology, etc.

A lot of anger/hurt/frustration in the players and fans. Felt they were doomed for a very long time. Hell, anyone with half a brain felt the Falcons were going to be the doormat of the NFL for a while.

And then enter this somewhat unknown coach, Mike Smith. Drafts a young, energetic QB. Brings back Dunn. Energy and passion is the name of the game during summer camps. An "us against the world" mentality - "screw you" to those that deserted 'em.

The Falcons start winning.

Now, I am fully aware that is the NFL and this is CFB. We can't bring in Dunn, unfortunately.

But our players can band together and it does not need to be under some coach with hundreds of wins under his belt. Or it could be. I think the biggest thing is - people have done it. Taken a very bad situation and instead of crying about it - turned it into an opportunity for success.

I hope our players and new staff look at this as an opportunity. :)

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
The Falcons, that is. :wink:

They got deserted by their new HC after just one year. Guy ran out of town in somewhat similar fashion (said repeatedly he was there to stay, then gone). No apology, etc.

A lot of anger/hurt/frustration in the players and fans. Felt they were doomed for a very long time. Hell, anyone with half a brain felt the Falcons were going to be the doormat of the NFL for a while.

And then enter this somewhat unknown coach, Mike Smith. Drafts a young, energetic QB. Brings back Dunn. Energy and passion is the name of the game during summer camps. An "us against the world" mentality - "screw you" to those that deserted 'em.

The Falcons start winning.

Now, I am fully aware that is the NFL and this is CFB. We can't bring in Dunn, unfortunately.

But our players can band together and it does not need to be under some coach with hundreds of wins under his belt. Or it could be. I think the biggest thing is - people have done it. Taken a very bad situation and instead of crying about it - turned it into an opportunity for success.

I hope our players and new staff look at this as an opportunity. :)

Couldn't agree more. I was thinking about this same thing the other night. Sometimes the pieces to the puzzle are there and all you need is one little thing to spark the fire.

clones

Mar 29, 2006
fyi -- Dunn is back with Tampa Bay this year -- bringing in Michael Turner helped them way more than Dunn would have as it gave them a well-balanced attack with Ryan at QB -- still, i don't see this as an apple to apple comparison