Charlotte Transfer Dishon Jackson commits to the Cyclones!

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Videos!

From the highlight tapes - on the eye test his skill set looks like a taller Tre King more than a BRE or Ward. There were several times where he was the dribble handoff / screener at the top of the key and then took the ball to the rim with 2 dribbles. And several very nice backdoor passes out of the dribble handoff look.

He has a lot of "true" low post finishes, just back his guy down and finishing off the glass. While there were dunks when he was wide open, he seems to prefer layups more often

Dunked on Filipowski's head, I am sold

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Love the add. Now here is to hoping we get one more big in the portal, assuming at least one guy transfers out, which pretty much always happens every year. I see this guy as a Tre King replacement more than anything and I'm hoping Watson makes that big jump into next year like Ward did this year. He has many of the same tools as Ward to pull it off. Give JT time to develop more next year and let another transfer big fill the Big Rob role. If all that happens, WOW, we will be dangerous. If we don't add another big, we should still be alright, but could use a bit more depth down low.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Jackson averaged 26 minutes/gm this season so the remaining isn't huge. I could see a scenario where we add a really good 4 such as Jackson's teammate in the portal. This could allow Rock to work his way into full-time backup later in the season while getting a handful of minutes early.

CYDJ

Jan 12, 2013
I'm thinking at least one more spot will open up. Between Pav/Omaha/Fish/Hamilton I'm pretty confident at least one, if not two of them will leave.
Sat next to Fish's mom on Saturday. Does not sound like he wants to go anywhere.

Was very nice person, suggested that after the ISU visit, everything was compared to ISU and nothing measured up. Suggested UNI are very good people, just like ISU, but ISU was just plain better.

Also suggested that other programs provide "options" that aren't on the up and up. If I understood correctly, she works in compliance in some way. She does not appreciate that stuff at all.

Very nice family members, really enjoyed that talk.

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Loved his highlights, I know he was playing against weaker competition but he looks like he has some offensive ability with a dibble. He also can hit some med range shots so there is a chance we can stretch the floor a bit more than past years. The guy reminds me a bit of the Jones that we faced against WSU.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Where are the defensive highlights, feed the D beast!!

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
TJ: Do you want to join a team with great culture and kicks ass?

Dishon
step-brothers-yep.gif

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
My goodness! That is the grown a$$ man we needed in the frontcourt! Go get the best rim protector on the market now and we are top 5 preseason level good.

Reactions: singsing