CFTV: Steve Prohm following loss to Milwaukee

ackatch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 22, 2021
Waukee
Enough of this Prohm talk. Let's talk about Hoiberg leaving us or the McDermott years. UAB anyone? Frosted tips? Hampton? Blarge? Bring it all on. I need the pain.
Dammit my blood pressure just went up reading these. Thanks for that.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
No, he just destroyed the basketball program in a few years and delivered the single worst season in Iowa State basketball history.

Now let's go back to talking about what a great guy he is, how awesome GMac is, and how happy we are that Wayne Morgan got dumped despite having a better winning percentage than both of them at Iowa State.

Or we could just quit beating a dead horse and not be obsessed with the past and move onto the future with TJ. What is done is done and isn't going to change anything so why do we need to keep dragging people through the mud over and over again?

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Or we could just quit beating a dead horse and not be obsessed with the past and move onto the future with TJ. What is done is done and isn't going to change anything so why do we need to keep dragging people through the mud over and over again?
Because he sucked here, always sucked here, and people want to pretend otherwise for some reason

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
If we dont learn how to use the word entitled properly imma throw some hands. Guy went 2-22 and people are saying others are entitled for saying he sucked. What the ****
I wouldn’t have used the word “entitled” but I think it’s more about people continuing to complain about Prohm and trash him.

He seems like a good guy who did poorly at coaching a team playing a game and was fired. We’re better off now than when he was here. There’s no reason to continue to beat a dead horse. Just move on.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
The longer Steve has been gone, the more I'm convinced he was never actually here.

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
I said we should go back to talking about what a great guy he is!! What's wrong with that??

LtRaczack

Dec 23, 2010
Columbus, GA
Because it seemed pretty obvious you were being sarcastic?
How was I being sarcastic? You can determine tone in typed words? I will be more direct with statements so here we go:

1. Steve Prohm coached the basketball program for six seasons going to the NCAA tournament for three of them.
2. Steve Prohm finished with the worst record in Iowa State men's basketball history with the only season ever below a .100 winning percentage.
3. Steve Prohm comes across as a very nice guy and I am sure I'd enjoy chatting with him about any number of things.
4. I personally find it very interesting who you can talk poorly about concerning coaches and who you cannot. This is a fan forum where we are supposed to debate things concerning Iowa State sports past, present and future. Perhaps I am completely wrong about Steve Prohm being a nice guy. Perhaps some are wrong to shower Wanye Morgan with antipathy.
5. If you don't like someone's opinion you can ignore it and move on. I know my opinion won't change anything about any Cyclone sports :))

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Remember Lucca Staiger quitting the team mid-year? That was weird.

I really didn't follow the McD years very closely...iirc they weren't on ESPN/ESPN2 much.

Anyway, the Lucca thing was one 'highlight' from that era.

ghyland7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2012
Honestly, Wayne Morgan got the short end of the stick. He was a better coach than many of our coaches after him. It always felt like he never really got that fair of a shot.

The teams with Tasheed Carr and Rahshon Clark were always really fun to watch.

It was definitely more fun to watch than whatever the hell McD trotted out there.

CyclonePigskin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 28, 2010
DSM
Coach Otz’ first year winning percentage established the highest career winning percentage of any Iowa State head coach, 62.8% (over Tim Floyd’s career 62.3% ISU winning percentage.) Two games in this year, he’s up to 64.9%. Stay at this pace and he’ll top Johnny’s 218 wins (14 seasons) after about 10 years.

There ARE the good old days (so far).

• Informative
Reactions: davegilbertson

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Is this going to become the new Prohm tracker thread?

Here is an update:

Coach Prohm has got the Racers of Murray State off to a 1-1 start. They got shellacked by Saint Louis 91-68 in their opening game, but bounced back with a nice 90-53 win over NAIA powerhouse Lindsey Wilson. Ranked foe Texas A&M on deck Thursday afternoon. Myrtle Beach Invitational.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I’m still trying to figure out who the players are on the current team and this is the top basketball thread. I guess hate is stronger than love.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Someone being back a Gene Chizik thread.

I watched the end of the North Carolina and Wake Forest game on Saturday night. Towards the end of the game when UNC won it on defense, the announcer said something like...

"Great call there by DC Gene Chizik."

Made my blood boil. Which brings me to this, @carvers4math's excellent point --

I’m still trying to figure out who the players are on the current team and this is the top basketball thread. I guess hate is stronger than love.

Said this before but it holds true...

In the 20th Century, marketers figured out that sex sells.

In the 21st Century, marketers figured out that rage sells even better.

davegilbertson

Sep 3, 2011
No, he just destroyed the basketball program in a few years and delivered the single worst season in Iowa State basketball history.

Now let's go back to talking about what a great guy he is, how awesome GMac is, and how happy we are that Wayne Morgan got dumped despite having a better winning percentage than both of them at Iowa State.
I will always die on the Morgan hill. Perhaps it was a sentient move, but curious to me that the only time we acted proactively when cracks were shown was with the coach who's...ah nevermind.