CFTV: Sam Richardson happy with offense in scrimmage

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Nice to hear about some progress on offense. The earlier interview with Rhoads seems to put quite a bit of pressure on the RBs to make people miss tackles. He doesn't want 6 yard plays only getting us 6 yards. It seems like we have the guys who can make people miss, so I hope we actually see it more this season.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Nice to hear about some progress on offense. The earlier interview with Rhoads seems to put quite a bit of pressure on the RBs to make people miss tackles. He doesn't want 6 yard plays only getting us 6 yards. It seems like we have the guys who can make people miss, so I hope we actually see it more this season.

He's talking about WRs just as much as RBs, and probably more.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Hey CW... is Sam Richardson (the QB) the calmest and coolest football player you've ever interviewed? He just seems SO mellow all the time.

Probably a good trait for a QB to have, a calming influence, although I wonder if he's capable of lighting a fire under the guys too when needed?

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Hey CW... is Sam Richardson (the QB) the calmest and coolest football player you've ever interviewed? He just seems SO mellow all the time.

Probably a good trait for a QB to have, a calming influence, although I wonder if he's capable of lighting a fire under the guys too when needed?

I don't know about the coolest guy I've "ever" interviewed but he has to be right up there. You know I'd throw Jeff Woody into that category, Austen Arnaud too. Those are recent guys of course.

Niang is a little bit like that on the basketball team. Not much gets to him....Good question...Making me think on a Sunday...

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
I really think the pistol is going to open this offense up. If we can open up the run game and center on Bunderage and our two TEs, I think we can be MUCH improved on offense next season!

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
That dude is calm and collected, handles all questions well, they were coming at him quick and he nailed them all. Plus with that hair how could you not like him. Flowing locks :)

SEclone

Sep 5, 2012
I wish we could see some video of this progress. I like hearing about all of this progress and the new offense, but I guess I'll have to wait til the spring game to see it in action.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa

Good thing he's not on the BB team. People would accuse him of not being interested or not caring about the team . . . :jimlad: