Misc: CFL (Canadian Football League)

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
I'm low-key excited the CFL season starts tonight. I'm sure most on here haven't watched much but I find the style of football to be exciting. It's a little bit like arena football on a giant field. The teams are all pretty classic (Edmonton Eskimos, Montreal Alouettes, Toronto Argonauts, etc.) and the uniforms are clean and crisp.

One thing I've always wondered...why aren't more former Cyclones in the CFL? I think there are two on rosters for the upcoming season.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
The CFL has a limit on how many "imports" (non-Canadians) can be on each team.

For example, former ISU guys Cleyon Laing and Sheldon Napastuk stuck around the CFL for awhile because they didn't count against that limit.

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
CFL games are actually really fun to watch, plus you will recognize players from time to time. Helps fill a football gap in June and July for me. Go RoughRiders!

Reactions: SC Cy

dawgpound

Retired Billy the Barnstormer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2011
Des Moines, iowa
I'm a fan free agent. I've narrowed it down to Edmonton, Montreal, Toronto, or Winnipeg as my team.

Edmonton and Winnipeg should be pretty good this year, especially Winnipeg. Montreal and Toronto will struggle, but both of those teams have a Cyclone on the roster!