CF: Testing of Ads

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
The girl from UNI lost her Air Force Academy career for posing in Playboy...that is not how naked women should be treated...

Well, as long as she was hot, I agree with you. If she looks like she was beaten with the ugly stick, it's more than fair. No one needs to see something/one as ugly as myself naked. Nor are many people privileged enough to see such a beautiful site. :wink0st:

jwrussel

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Jeremy - I am very glad you are considering ads! Over the last year or so this site has become one of my favorites, and certainly my number one source for cyclone news and rumors.
Still, as a broke college student, I've felt somewhat helpless in that while I can continue to take advantage of yours and others hardwork and dedication, I can do very little to pay you back for it. Simply put, this is not right. If anything, you should profit from all your hardwork, not the opposite!
The addition of the donations was a nice touch, as it gave people, who can, the ability to give something in return. However, as I am enough in debt from school as it is, I (and for that matter many like me) cannot not make any significant contribution. What I can do, is continue to show up time after time. If this extra activity encourages companies to advertise, and thus means more money for the site, then I can feel like I at least did SOMETHING in return.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I don't mind ads at the top, the side, or the bottom. I did notice and do NOT like are ads in between posts. Just doesn't look right.

However, you do what you gotta do, I'm not going to stop coming here!

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Michelle is a sweetheart....we were emailing back and forth for quite awhile. Her popularity is really starting to take off.

very nice name drop :rolleyes5cz: If it were me I would have put it in bold that I knew a bunny :biggrin9gp:

ISUCY11

Aug 3, 2006
Chicago, IL
most of the ads are fiiting and in a good place...but when i saw an ad for tx tech red raider gear at the top i was a lil thrown off...

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
Jeremy, how about providing those CF members who own their own business a chance to advertise their business for whatever fee? Chance for all of us cyclones to support each other.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Jeremy, how about providing those CF members who own their own business a chance to advertise their business for whatever fee? Chance for all of us cyclones to support each other.

I like that idea...always wanting to support fellow Cyclones!!

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

It's a great idea. I don't currently have any posts up asking for sponsors but that would probably be the ideal way to go so we make sure Clones help Clones and we aren't seeing ads for other schools, yuck.

tec71

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
I like the ads so far. Discretely placed. I especially like the Sponsors ad above where I put a quick reply in.

Is there room for an ad for jobs, or even a career section of the message board. I know of many companies who target ISU (and EIU grads to a lesser extent) grads who've been away for years as recruits for jobs. Your board is the perfect spot for something like that. You could be a lot less expensive and still be a better deal for them.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Right now I have an ad after the last post in a thread but when you use the quick reply it temporarily shows between the last thread and your new thread until you refresh.

Is that ad distracting to a lot of people? So far it's brought in half the clicks.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Right now I have an ad after the last post in a thread but when you use the quick reply it temporarily shows between the last thread and your new thread until you refresh.

Is that ad distracting to a lot of people? So far it's brought in half the clicks.

I think it's just fine. And being it's half your clicks...I'd say leave it.