cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
My quarterly roundup of notable comments/quips from Cyclone Fanatic, April-June 2023.

Merely a sample of amusements I encountered & documented. If anyone recalls a nugget I missed, please add to thread.

Some entries have been edited for clarity, brevity, spelling or what-not(s).

Key:
Bold is thread title (or summary of it) ...
"***" indicates break in narrative flow.

Note: Due to a minor shift in priorities, I can’t guarantee a Notable Posts segment for Q3 & Q4. If anyone wants to carry the baton for a while, feel free. I’m willing to contribute material, but can’t commit to consistent compilation.
TJ Otzelberger expected to depart Iowa State (@CoachHines3 April Fools’ Day prank)
@Cycsk: Isn't having Cailtin Clark vs. Kim Mulkey in the WBB national championship enough April Fools’ Day for you?
CoachHines3: I hope Mulkey slips a titty.

Jill Biden has invited Hawkeyes women to White House
@somecyguy: Everyone invited except Angel and Caitlin, because, you know … .you can't see them.

Does this actually work? (regarding boiling corn-on-cob with shucks on it)
@JM4CY: There’s something satisfying to me to shuck corn outside.
@SwirlyBird: I, too, like to shuck my cob outside.

Your Last Post: Posters of Days Gone By
@3TrueFans: My heirs will continue posting as me after I die. It’s in the will.
@Althetuna: My last post will be something like, "I refuse to do that and my wife can’t make me! If I give in, as God as my witness, I swear I will never post on CF again!"

On That Note: Faith
@MeanDean: (intro to “Winchester Cathedral” clip). Sorry if this was already posted … Actually, sorry that I’m posting it.

Caleb Grill has entered the portal …
@Newell: Why was he kicked off the team?
@tim_redd: He bought TJ a large-size T-shirt.

Gary, Indiana trip
@Big Daddy Kang: I remember a billboard outside of Gary advertising "24-hour massages. Next exit.” Honestly, who needs a 24-hour massage?
@KnappShack: Who doesn’t need a 24-hour massage?!?

Ryan Clanton to be new offensive line coach
@GoldCy: I think interceptions last year were significant, and no one seems to be addressing the problem.
@t-noah: The QB coach says not to throw them.

Best Rock Singer
@Jeremy: Billy Corgan is probably underrated.
@CYCLNST8: Billy Corgan makes me want to stab myself in the face with a screwdriver.

Will McDonald projected 8th overall to Falcons
@carvers4math: April through June on CF fully demonstrates what a great loss it was to cut baseball.
@CoachHines3 (to snowcraig2.0): You’re a Browns fan.
@snowcraig2.0: 9’ers, bro.
CoachHines3: Change your “About” page, you fkn liar!
snowcraig2.0: I have an “About” page?

Official Class of 2023 recruiting thread
(Re: Rodney Terry/Chris Beard) @Cyclonepride: Sometimes there is a guy behind the guy that makes them successful, sometimes it's a combination of the guy and the guy behind the guy, and sometimes it's just the guy.

Man colds
@coolerifyoudid: One time, my wife was working late and I had to go to the store to get my own cold medicine. I sent her a text saying, "In case I don't make it back, I love you.”
@RLD4ISU: I keep cold supplies in the closet, clearly marked. My husband knows where they are located and how to use them. About 6 years into our marriage, his back was hurting & he was in bed moaning & complaining about it. I put the phone next to his side of the bed, gave him the number for the doctor's office and told him if he couldn't call to make an appointment, I could get out the shotgun and put him out of his misery. Suck it up, buttercup.
@2020cy: It’s amazing how many grown men have their wife, girlfriend or mom call to make their appointments. Especially if it is a semi-emergency.
@bos: Wait. You can do this?! I was duped.
MeanDean: A cold? You guys freak out over a cold?! I hope to hell you never get a hangnail!(And no lie, I just this afternoon got a nasty paper cut. On my right index finger (I'm right-handed)) (Also, went to the dentist this morning.)
@FriendlySpartan: You can’t leave us hanging like that!?! Were they able to save the finger?
MeanDean: I just rubbed some mud on it. You know, real-man style.

Official 2023 Transfer Thread
@CyPunch: There's a bigger name still yet to enter (the portal).
@qwerty: Bigger names? Like Nikita Konstantynovskyi? That is one of the biggest names I could find.

Another trip to Shreveport may be in our future
@Trice: I set a personal (record) on that trip by puking in three states on the same day.

AI’s top Cyclones
@ForbinsAscynt: There has to be some element of number of mentions on the internet for it to pull Woody.
@BCClone: Many things on the internet may make you pull your woody.
@BWRhasnoAC: Is it hard typing with one hand all the time?

Iowa’s football schedule
@BillBrasky4Cy: History went out the window when B1G decided to raid conferences. They can take history and their stupid rivalry trophies and f*** right off.

Pat Sajak retiring from “Wheel of Fortune”
@JP4CY: Vanna staying on?
@JM4CY: Has she ever gotten off?

Finally: JT Rock!
Jeremy: It seems like decades since we've had an elite down-low scorer.
@Gunnerclone: Georges Niang graduated in, like, 2016 right?
Jeremy: I said it seems like decades. Think of how long ago 2016 feels like. That seriously feels like eons ago.
Gunnerclone: It feels like Loren Meyer was on the squad like 5 years ago to me lol.
Jeremy: In the past year alone, my family has had 2 ruined vacations ... and since the beginning of 2023 I’ve had 2 strokes and a heart attack, 32 doctor appointments, new diagnoses for our young boys and me having 2 months of leave. So, even 2022 seems like a decade ago.
Gunnerclone: In the past year alone, I’ve beaten more than 1,000 levels of Candy Crush. Weird how these divergent life cycles affect our sense of time!

Who did you hate when they played, now you like?
@BoomerClone: I’d like to hear some stories about players you hated when they played (college or pro) but after retirement for whatever reason you now like.
@Dopey (following multiple responses): You guys suck at holding grudges.

Realignment Megathread Prior to USC/UCLA to BiG
@alenz95: (referencing San Diego State exiting MWC): My god. The Pac-12 is so incompetent that their incompetence is radiating onto schools who aren't even members yet.

SlamBall
@Dandy: (Via Twitter, “SlamBall is back”). Inject the nostalgia into my veins.
@BryceC: I have no idea how somebody was never horribly injured doing this.
coolerifyoudid: It's clearly not dangerous enough. I recommend randomly having a trampoline open up to an alligator pit.
@theshadow: So, SlamBall 2.0 got a TV deal before the Pac-12.

Last edited:

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Nominee for “Thread Derailment of the Quarter”

“Huggins might be in trouble”

Highlights:
1. In early stage, discussion evolved into “eat mac-and-cheese with fork or spoon?” debate.
2. Within the past week, focus shifted to justifications for drunken driving.
3. In the wake of (2), Jeremy updated thread title to include “DUI is good, bees are bad.”

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
My quarterly roundup of notable comments/quips from Cyclone Fanatic, January-March 2023. Merely a sample of amusements I encountered & documented. If anyone recalls a nugget I missed, please add to thread.

Some entries have been edited for clarity, brevity, spelling or what-not(s).

Key:
Bold is thread title (or summary of it) ...
"***" indicates break in narrative flow.

Note: Due to a minor shift in priorities, I can’t guarantee a Notable Posts segment for Q3 & Q4. If anyone wants to carry the baton for a while, feel free. I’m willing to contribute material, but can’t commit to consistent compilation.
TJ Otzelberger expected to depart Iowa State (@CoachHines3 April Fools’ Day prank)
@Cycsk: Isn't having Cailtin Clark vs. Kim Mulkey in the WBB national championship enough April Fools’ Day for you?
CoachHines3: I hope Mulkey slips a titty.

Jill Biden has invited Hawkeyes women to White House
@somecyguy: Everyone invited except Angel and Caitlin, because, you know … .you can't see them.

Does this actually work? (regarding boiling corn-on-cob with shucks on it)
@JM4CY: There’s something satisfying to me to shuck corn outside.
@SwirlyBird: I, too, like to shuck my cob outside.

Your Last Post: Posters of Days Gone By
@3TrueFans: My heirs will continue posting as me after I die. It’s in the will.
@Althetuna: My last post will be something like, "I refuse to do that and my wife can’t make me! If I give in, as God as my witness, I swear I will never post on CF again!"

On That Note: Faith
@MeanDean: (intro to “Winchester Cathedral” clip). Sorry if this was already posted … Actually, sorry that I’m posting it.

Caleb Grill has entered the portal …
@Newell: Why was he kicked off the team?
@tim_redd: He bought TJ a large-size T-shirt.

Gary, Indiana trip
@Big Daddy Kang: I remember a billboard outside of Gary advertising "24-hour massages. Next exit.” Honestly, who needs a 24-hour massage?
@KnappShack: Who doesn’t need a 24-hour massage?!?

Ryan Clanton to be new offensive line coach
@GoldCy: I think interceptions last year were significant, and no one seems to be addressing the problem.
@t-noah: The QB coach says not to throw them.

Best Rock Singer
@Jeremy: Billy Corgan is probably underrated.
@CYCLNST8: Billy Corgan makes me want to stab myself in the face with a screwdriver.

Will McDonald projected 8th overall to Falcons
@carvers4math: April through June on CF fully demonstrates what a great loss it was to cut baseball.
@CoachHines3 (to snowcraig2.0): You’re a Browns fan.
@snowcraig2.0: 9’ers, bro.
CoachHines3: Change your “About” page, you fkn liar!
snowcraig2.0: I have an “About” page?

Official Class of 2023 recruiting thread
(Re: Rodney Terry/Chris Beard) @Cyclonepride: Sometimes there is a guy behind the guy that makes them successful, sometimes it's a combination of the guy and the guy behind the guy, and sometimes it's just the guy.

Man colds
@coolerifyoudid: One time, my wife was working late and I had to go to the store to get my own cold medicine. I sent her a text saying, "In case I don't make it back, I love you.”
@RLD4ISU: I keep cold supplies in the closet, clearly marked. My husband knows where they are located and how to use them. About 6 years into our marriage, his back was hurting & he was in bed moaning & complaining about it. I put the phone next to his side of the bed, gave him the number for the doctor's office and told him if he couldn't call to make an appointment, I could get out the shotgun and put him out of his misery. Suck it up, buttercup.
@2020cy: It’s amazing how many grown men have their wife, girlfriend or mom call to make their appointments. Especially if it is a semi-emergency.
@bos: Wait. You can do this?! I was duped.
MeanDean: A cold? You guys freak out over a cold?! I hope to hell you never get a hangnail!(And no lie, I just this afternoon got a nasty paper cut. On my right index finger (I'm right-handed)) (Also, went to the dentist this morning.)
@FriendlySpartan: You can’t leave us hanging like that!?! Were they able to save the finger?
MeanDean: I just rubbed some mud on it. You know, real-man style.

Official 2023 Transfer Thread
@CyPunch: There's a bigger name still yet to enter (the portal).
@qwerty: Bigger names? Like Nikita Konstantynovskyi? That is one of the biggest names I could find.

Another trip to Shreveport may be in our future
@Trice: I set a personal (record) on that trip by puking in three states on the same day.

AI’s top Cyclones
@ForbinsAscynt: There has to be some element of number of mentions on the internet for it to pull Woody.
@BCClone: Many things on the internet may make you pull your woody.
@BWRhasnoAC: Is it hard typing with one hand all the time?

Iowa’s football schedule
@BillBrasky4Cy: History went out the window when B1G decided to raid conferences. They can take history and their stupid rivalry trophies and f*** right off.

Pat Sajak retiring from “Wheel of Fortune”
@JP4CY: Vanna staying on?
@JM4CY: Has she ever gotten off?

Finally: JT Rock!
Jeremy: It seems like decades since we've had an elite down-low scorer.
@Gunnerclone: Georges Niang graduated in, like, 2016 right?
Jeremy: I said it seems like decades. Think of how long ago 2016 feels like. That seriously feels like eons ago.
Gunnerclone: It feels like Loren Meyer was on the squad like 5 years ago to me lol.
Jeremy: In the past year alone, my family has had 2 ruined vacations ... and since the beginning of 2023 I’ve had 2 strokes and a heart attack, 32 doctor appointments, new diagnoses for our young boys and me having 2 months of leave. So, even 2022 seems like a decade ago.
Gunnerclone: In the past year alone, I’ve beaten more than 1,000 levels of Candy Crush. Weird how these divergent life cycles affect our sense of time!

Who did you hate when they played, now you like?
@BoomerClone: I’d like to hear some stories about players you hated when they played (college or pro) but after retirement for whatever reason you now like.
@Dopey (following multiple responses): You guys suck at holding grudges.

Realignment Megathread Prior to USC/UCLA to BiG
@alenz95: (referencing San Diego State exiting MWC): My god. The Pac-12 is so incompetent that their incompetence is radiating onto schools who aren't even members yet.

SlamBall
@Dandy: (Via Twitter, “SlamBall is back”). Inject the nostalgia into my veins.
@BryceC: I have no idea how somebody was never horribly injured doing this.
coolerifyoudid: It's clearly not dangerous enough. I recommend randomly having a trampoline open up to an alligator pit.
@theshadow: So, SlamBall 2.0 got a TV deal before the Pac-12.
1688177655453.png

• Friendly
Reactions: cyclones500

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Nominee for “Thread Derailment of the Quarter”

“Huggins might be in trouble”

Highlights:
1. In early stage, discussion evolved into “eat mac-and-cheese with fork or spoon?” debate.
2. Within the past week, focus shifted to justifications for drunken driving.
3. In the wake of (2), Jeremy updated thread title to include “DUI is good, bees are bad.”
SPOON, YOU HEATHENS!

• Winner
Reactions: jmb

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Very proud to see one of my posts at the top of the list, even if it is just a straight line set up for a Coach Hines retort!

Reactions: cyclones500

Help Support Us

Become a patron