CF HOOPS CEDAR RAPIDS

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Don't want to play outside, if it's nice enough to play ball, there are other things to do that are more fun. It's a good winter activity

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Yep lets just get an outdoor league started if we don't have anywhere indoors.

liljones13

Mar 27, 2006
Springville, IA
Hey guys,

I'm sick of those Central Iowa douchers having all the Cyclone Fanatic basketball league fun.. This ends today. I'm proposing we begin the CR/Metro Fanatics basketball league to happen on one of 3 days. Marion YMCA is the proposed location, on either one of 3 days.. 7:30pm on Friday nights, Saturday morning at 7:00am, Sunday's at 2:00pm, or Monday nights at 7:30pm. Please let me know a majority time that works best. Thanks!

cemarclone

Feb 6, 2014
Hey guys,

I'm sick of those Central Iowa douchers having all the Cyclone Fanatic basketball league fun.. This ends today. I'm proposing we begin the CR/Metro Fanatics basketball league to happen on one of 3 days. Marion YMCA is the proposed location, on either one of 3 days.. 7:30pm on Friday nights, Saturday morning at 7:00am, Sunday's at 2:00pm, or Monday nights at 7:30pm. Please let me know a majority time that works best. Thanks!

Marions Vernon Middle school gym is also available for community activity at no cost. Used to use the gym for my kids soccer club. It near the Library and City Hall in Marion.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Friday night or sunday afternoon would be best for me. Can't say I could get there all the time. Haven't played in quite a while -- could be pretty terrible.

In the interest of having everyone describe their game in terms of ISU players... I would call myself Kenny Pratt-like, an undersized post. Except without the strength and athleticism. Or defense. Also, I am old and not much stamina probably. This is half-court, right?

So yeah, pretty awesome.

liljones13

Mar 27, 2006
Springville, IA
I'm glad to see this thing is picking up some steam. Lets get this bumped up to the top of forums! Do we know what days are available for the Vernon Middle School since it would be free of charge for our non-YMCA members?

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Bump. Did this CR league ever happen? We really should try to get this rolling. Anybody still in?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron