CenturyLink down?

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Still down for anyone? Mine still isn't working but the online troubleshooter says I shouldn't be affected by an outage.

I had to unplug and plug two times again after I got home from work. Looked like everything was a-ok but wouldn't connect, a couple unplugs and got connected working fine now.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
According to CenturyLink I was never part of the outage to begin with. Strange coincidence then, because I left my PC on all night and my last Gmail before I lost the connection was around 4:30 a.m.

Regardless, I'll find out come Friday afternoon when the tech gets here.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
CenturyLink and Down are synonyms. They might be the worst ISP I've dealt with.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
When I got home from work last night it didn't work. I had to unplug and plug the router back in, and then it worked. Again this morning, it didn't work. (Unplug/plug and now works). Hope they get their **** together.

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
I know this thread is about an outage, but Im surprised by those who are complaining about CL. We have had it for nearly 5 years in Ankeny, and I dont recall nay major outages or bad experiences with it in that time.

wow you are lucky they stink

Trice

Apr 1, 2010

I don't know if I recall EVER having an outage with CenturyLink in Ankeny in over three years with them. If there have been any they were brief.

I have a minor beef about the speed living up to what they advertise, and for some reason my connection seems to get bogged down around 9:30 every night. But I've not had outage problems.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
When I got home from work last night it didn't work. I had to unplug and plug the router back in, and then it worked. Again this morning, it didn't work. (Unplug/plug and now works). Hope they get their **** together.

Yep, exact same thing with me.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines

You must have had a terrible experience. I can count on one finger in the past several years that CenturyLink has gone down for me, and it wasn't for more than an hour.

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I'm not talking home consumer use, I'm referring to large business WAN deployments and support.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I know this thread is about an outage, but Im surprised by those who are complaining about CL. We have had it for nearly 5 years in Ankeny, and I dont recall nay major outages or bad experiences with it in that time.

I've had it in the office for the past year or so, and I've constantly had problems with it. Randomly goes out, and there have been days where I'm unplugging/replugging the router 5 times or more. I had Mediacom internet in my apartment and had very few similar instances (happened a few times during the year). I have CL in the house I recently moved into and hadn't had any issues until yesterday morning (which was killing me because it was still down last night and kept my PS4 games from running properly; they'd freeze when trying to access the internet at the main screen).

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I'm not talking home consumer use, I'm referring to large business WAN deployments and support.

That makes sense then. I haven't heard any opinions about their business arm, but I couldn't be happier with their consumer line of services.