Cem Dinc?

CHim

Apr 20, 2006
I think Dinc is a frosh at MCC right now so he would graduate the year after Ross and Alex. I'm not 100% on that but pretty sure.
O my bad. I still think I would rather have a someone else. Maybe he just had a bad night, but I didn't think he looked that impressive.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Aaron Agnew may still be available at 330. The next baby Shaq. How about just the next baby Huey? Just kidding.

However Jamel White is transferring back east and marks is leaving the Nebraska team, so they are now signing 6 new players. Sounds a lot like what we are experiencing. People came into the program a little while and left. We need to get to the point of a known quantity.

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
Wesley;112329} However Jamel White is transferring back east and marks is leaving the Nebraska team said:
According to HoopScoop Online, This is what Nebraska has signed so far:

Steve Harley, 5'11, 2G, South Plains (JC) TX
Rishawn Norwood, 6'3, 2G, Mt. San Antonio (JC) CA
Shang Ping, 6'9, PF, Illinois Central (JC) IL
Alex Chapman, 6'10, PF, Sheridan (JC) WY
Alonzo Edwards, 6'8, PF, Houston (Klein Forest) TX
Josh Miller, 5'8, PG, Cincinnati (Harmony Christian) OH
Brandon Richardson, 6'0, PG, Hawthorne (H.S.) CA.

2 pg & 2 2g. White probably saw the writing on the wall...

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
If we just lost 2 guards - why shouldn't we be after another guard? I know having another center would be nice....but why wouldn't you replace what you just lost?

I know what you're saying, but we're signing 4 freshman guards this year and 2 next year. I feel like the future is pretty bright there. I haven't seen anything from Marsden to suggest he can be a starter and I hate to count on Thompson. Even if he's another body, he has three years to develop. I just think he could be serviceable especially on the defensive end with his weight and athletic ability.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
This is off topic on the thread, but I went to look at Dinc's profile... I checked out Brackins, I thought he was a huge prospect, why is he 71 on Scout and only the 17th best at his position?

Scout is absolutely awful at updating their rankings. I dislike their recruiting cover in general very much, and am VERY glad to have gotten rid of that membership.

And by the way, Brackins is for REAL... a truly legit 5 star prospect.

A-town Cy

Aug 4, 2006
Huxley
Why did Cem Dinc transfer from Indiana to Marshalltown Community College?

Found this article where Cem Dinc says that he and Greg McDermott are "good buddies"
LINK

Last edited:

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
i looked into his profile from brewster academy on rivals and he also had north carolina on his list of schools...could use him

Bob

Apr 11, 2006
I would take him.........Sounds like he is dominating in the post. i am worried that we will have a lack of quality big men in 08. It would be great to get a player with that much interest for 3 years. Sounds like we have a good start with him.

Cypwr

Mar 18, 2006
Ameskeny
Remember after Fizer left and we were all so bummed that the only big guys we had were Pearson, Vroman, & Homan?

Wouldn't that combo be nice now.....how times have changed!

Not the way I remember it, after Fizer left we had 2 guys by the name of Shirley and Rancik and they won a Big 12 Championship. The point of having the combo mentioned would be nice.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron