Ugh! Nader traded to the Thunder

CprE84

Mar 31, 2006
Austin, TX
Here is an interesting take on his deal :

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/07/14...-abdel-nader-to-four-year-6-million-contract/

I don't think it's a bad deal for him. He is still trying to break into the NBA and as long as a good portion of the deal is guaranteed, I think it is great. If he does really well, he will still have some playing years left afterward to negotiate higher pay, but he is at least getting a reasonable commitment now.

Good luck Abdel!

Reactions: coolerifyoudid

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Really curious to hear the specifics re:
guaranteed $ and player/team options. This seems like a curious deal for both sides. I'm guessing Celts have something else in the works that will be more obvious once we have the rest of the info.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Updated thread title to reflect the good news. Very happy for him. Someone on twitter said he's only the 2nd Egyptian player ever in the NBA

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Glad to hear it for him but the contract seems iffy to me so far. If he really does well he handcuffed himself to a horrible contract. Hope some more details come out soon whats going on with the contract. Something has to give on the celtics as well as they have about 6 small forwards.

CycloneWanderer

Nov 4, 2007
Wandering
Glad to hear it for him but the contract seems iffy to me so far. If he really does well he handcuffed himself to a horrible contract. Hope some more details come out soon whats going on with the contract. Something has to give on the celtics as well as they have about 6 small forwards.

It may be peanuts by NBA standards, but I'd gladly take few million over the next couple years.

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
I bet they play him as a shooting guard

CyJack13

May 21, 2010

That's where the league is headed, there's only a couple positions that matter anymore, point guards, wings or rim protectors.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
I get where your coming from with the positionless basketball but that has more to do with the front court asking say Towns to play sg is not something that will happen. There is a specific skills needed for the back court still. Kind of why I dont see Nader playing much if any sg. Heck I could see him playing small ball C before he played sg.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
I think he could have gotten a better deal. Maybe not the years, but definitely more money.

• Agree
Reactions: mb7299

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So very happy for him. Coach Prohm truly embraced Duley. Bet he is thrilled too.

Was he another who was kind of on the fence but Prohm got turned around a bit?

He had a really nice senior year and seemed to really embrace the ISU culture. I still remember Niang having to console him on the bench at the end of the game.

The size and speed are there and it's translated to the type of money I literally can't fathom

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
Was he another who was kind of on the fence but Prohm got turned around a bit?

He had a really nice senior year and seemed to really embrace the ISU culture. I still remember Niang having to console him on the bench at the end of the game.

The size and speed are there and it's translated to the type of money I literally can't fathom
Yeah, he could become the next Gordon Hayward.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron