CBS's early BCS projections

GuillenSucks

Jul 21, 2009
Boise State is a mediocre team. Has any of these voters ever actually watched them play? Top 25? Uhh.......maybe. There isn't a BCS conference outside of the Big East that they would do better than 4-4 and would go 3-5 in most of them. Spare me the Oregon victory crap, that was a bad performance by an Oregon team that hadn't quite figured things out. And it was on their home field the first game of the year. Their final 11 games are against truly pathetic football teams. I'm not impressed.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
I see the hawk trolls have already flooded that guys comment box

I can't stand Iowa but wouldn't you be more than upset if he wrote that about us? I think it's great he doesn't like them but I can see why they are upset.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Boise State is a mediocre team. Has any of these voters ever actually watched them play? Top 25? Uhh.......maybe. There isn't a BCS conference outside of the Big East that they would do better than 4-4 and would go 3-5 in most of them. Spare me the Oregon victory crap, that was a bad performance by an Oregon team that hadn't quite figured things out. And it was on their home field the first game of the year. Their final 11 games are against truly pathetic football teams. I'm not impressed.

I'm not sure why the hell it matters to you, as neither Boise St nor Iowa will be playing in the title game. That is, unless you think Ohio St is going to beat Iowa in a few weeks and Boise St is the team that keeps Iowa out of the BCS (but even then I'd put the blame more on Iowa not taking care of business).

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
you do not get to vote....:confused:

GuillenSucks

Jul 21, 2009
I'm not sure why the hell it matters to you, as neither Boise St nor Iowa will be playing in the title game. That is, unless you think Ohio St is going to beat Iowa in a few weeks and Boise St is the team that keeps Iowa out of the BCS (but even then I'd put the blame more on Iowa not taking care of business).

What exactly does Iowa have to do with this?

I care because I love college football and I think Boise State is an average team at best. Do you disagree? If so, why? Boise State probably won't keep Iowa away from anything, I just don't think they're any good. Seen them play a few times and have not been impressed at all. I think if you put them in any BCS conference outside the Big East they'd be lucky to go .500.

jhill

Apr 10, 2006

It is certainly not outside the realm of possibility that Iowa goes to the title game. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they go into Columbus and beat an average Buckeye team. The rest of their schedule is pretty easy. Not having a conference championship is also a big advantage for them. Either Florida or Alabama will have a loss. Texas still has a tough game at Stillwater and possibly a conference championship game.

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
Yes, I'm far too intelligent and watch too many games to be given a vote in College Fixedball.

College Football is fixed....? The BCS is a crock, I will give you that, but you think that College Football is fixed, please explain this intelligence...?

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I can't stand Iowa but wouldn't you be more than upset if he wrote that about us? I think it's great he doesn't like them but I can see why they are upset.

Who gives a **** what Dennis Dodd has to say? He's just another member of the media who's been wrong about Iowa this year.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines

If you want to go that route, the BCS shouldn't really matter to you, either.

Wingback

Dec 26, 2008
The bottom line is all Iowa does is win. They're certainly not pretty about it, but they win.

I for one, am slowly but surely becoming a believer in this team. Their offense is suspect, no doubt about it, but somehow they seem to be able to get points on the board when they need it.

As I have said on other threads, their defense will keep them in every game and I am of the mindset now, that they might just be able to beat Ohio State. If you saw any of the Ohio State/Wisconsin game, the Badgers outplayed the Buckeyes in many phases and aside from some very critical mistakes, may well have won the game. The score certainly didn't tell the story. Wisconsin was up late in the second quarter and gave up a long pass play just before halftime that gave the Buckeyes momentum. Then the second half mistakes killed Wisconsin. The way Purdue handled OSU last Saturday tells me they are very, very vulnerable.

If Iowa goes 12-0 it wouldn't surprise me much.

And no, I'm not a Hawkeye troll. I simply think this is a very good football team. Ferentz has once again proven to be a very good coach and he has certainly surrounded himself with some very faithful, reliable and smart assistants.

Count me officially as a believer!