CB Michal Antoine Commits

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Looks like a great get!

Good combo of agility, balance, length and physicality. Looks like he played a lot of zone, with some press coverage mixed in, too. Set the edge of the defense well and fought through blockers. He seems ideally suited for our cloud defense.

Reactions: aauummm

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
I’m surprised we were able to get him with our poor field conditions and lightening
He's from Florida. It probably reminded him of home, tbh.

Edit: Not sure he has even visited. Hope he gets up for a game!

Last edited:

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
He was my #1 want of the DB's we were involved with. Best collection of offers.

I love those Florida DB's, Datrone Young (too soon?) and Kym-mani King (played both games so far as true FR) both underrated FL guys, now we got a couple with great offers in Antoine and Tampa.

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018

I love those Florida DB's, Datrone Young (too soon?) and Kym-mani King (played both games so far as true FR) both underrated FL guys, now we got a couple with great offers in Antoine and Tampa.

Anthony Johnson was also a Florida kid

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Offer lists are useful, but can be misleading. Sometimes a player with lots of offers is just a good, solid kid with great grades that everyone knows about. Nothing remarkable.

Anthony Johnson was also a Florida kid
Disclaimer: I can’t claim to be sn expert on evaluating football talent. At least not technique and skills for most, though I can recognize base athleticism.

That said, I know that the staff loves these three kids—and toss in St. Louisan Miller. Pretty sure they think that AJ is an NFL guy.

But to me—remember the above disclaimer—Michal’s film looks better than any of those kids’ did. He flies to the ball the way that Greg Eisworth does, he hits, and he wraps up. Someone else with better football knowledge (and better eyes) than me can judge the rest.

Edit: This staff just keeps getting really good players. And, for the most part, the ones that they’ve identified as they want.

Last edited:
  • Winner