Carvana

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I have a client who got a hell of a deal on a brand new truck out in Maryland. Brand new Ford F250 for $40K. He flew out there to pick it up and drove it back. It's a very nice truck.

• Informative
Reactions: Marcelason78

SCNCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 11, 2009
La Fox, IL
I looked at using them to sell my car, but they weren’t competitive with others. I ended up using carmax. Not sure if this helps you.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Has anyone used Carvana to buy/trade a car? How was the process?
I was close, this time last year, son's car. Very intriguing. Had what I thought a pretty good deal. I backed out as I just didn't want to chance customer service or promises if something went wrong.

Bought a used car locally. Not looked back since.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I have a close friend who is living a nightmare. They traded in their old car to get a larger one to pull an RV. The new one turned out to be a lemon. And, Carvana, despite agreeing to take it back hasn't. And that was now 2 months ago. So, there's that.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Personally I’d use it to sell but wouldn’t to buy. Coworker sold his car for top dollar, super simple process and was pleased. I just don’t like the idea of buying a car untested and unseen.

Last edited:

Turn2

May 12, 2011
Clusterfunkeny
I used Vroom over Carvana in December (selling) because their bid was better. Everything was smooth and easy.

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
Has anyone used Carvana to buy/trade a car? How was the process?

i read an article about it... its mostly used as a conduit to sell autoloans. haven't used it. the prices seemed high? but maybe they are high everywhere?

I take that back just searched a diesel grand cherokee... im interested in getting one. the prices are actually really good

Last edited:

Mar 21, 2021
Heading out shortly to a small-town auction of stuff impounded by law enforcement. More my style than using a broker.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Back story is they’re giving us about 2 grand more (10-15%) for my wife’s car than we’d get locally after checking around. We also get a pretty good rate on the new one through them. I’d also be getting the tax advantage by trading at the same place I’m buying.

They claim something like a seven day trial period after getting the new whip.

Reactions: Dr.bannedman

Dr.bannedman

liberal
Aug 21, 2012
that island napoleon got sent to
Back story is they’re giving us about 2 grand more (10-15%) for my wife’s car than we’d get locally after checking around. We also get a pretty good rate on the new one through them. I’d also be getting the tax advantage by trading at the same place I’m buying.

They claim something like a seven day trial period after getting the new whip.
do they deliver it as well? im pretty impressed with their 360 vehicle inspection photos

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
do they deliver it as well? im pretty impressed with their 360 vehicle inspection photos

Yep, they deliver or you can pick it up from one of their car “vending machines”. There’s a delivery fee that seems pretty reasonable for cars outside of the general area. I think it was like 490 on the Expedition we were looking at.

Reactions: Dr.bannedman

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I’m not terribly worried about a few extra dings and scratches if they aren’t advertised. With three small kids, they blend in.

Junejax

Mar 2, 2013
I bought through Carvana a couple years ago. Super smooth and 100% as advertised. They delivered to me, and I took it on a solo test drive before accepting. Then had 7 days and up to 500(?) miles to decide whether to keep it. If I’d decided I didn’t want it, they would have picked it up, and the deal is canceled. I financed through my local credit union, which beat Carvana’s rate.

I’ve read about some nightmare customer service experiences this past year, and used car prices are much higher than in 2020, but I wouldn’t hesitate to buy from Carvana again. They opened one of their car vending machines in my city last year, so I could have a more high-touch buying experience, if i wanted to. Personally, I liked the online shopping.

Help Support Us

Become a patron