Car Washing Bans

clonefarmer

Apr 16, 2006
Another of the enviro's targets is "beer fridges"--an older refrigerator that is usually kept in the garage just to keep tasty beverages cold. I can wash my car at home but I draw the line at giving up my extra fridge.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Another of the enviro's targets is "beer fridges"--an older refrigerator that is usually kept in the garage just to keep tasty beverages cold. I can wash my car at home but I draw the line at giving up my extra fridge.

I am replacing my 70% effecient furnace with a 96% tomorrow, so I can go buy 10 more fridges!

iceclone

Nov 26, 2006

If I understood correctly, the point of the ordinances is that you should not wash your car at home, but rather take it to a carwash. Since I'm too lazy to wash my car myself, I'm not too concerned. I knew laziness would eventually pay off :cool:

The beer fridges were discussed at length a couple of days ago:

http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/off-topic/17143-canadian-beer-drinkers-threaten-planet.html

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Sounds like the eskimo's should move to SoCal. That will probably be a plot for an ABC sitcom this spring.

Are you kidding - with the writers' strike we're not going to see any new creative television shows for awhile - oh wait - you're referring to Caveman, a show that's neither creative nor has any writers!!!

mjlane

Apr 21, 2006
The Clean water act classifies anything that is removed from a vehicle that is washed as hazardous waste. No matter what it is that comes off the car, be it grease, oil, or dirt.
According to the CWA no contaminated water can be allowed to enter waters of the United States. Which by definition is any stream, river, retention pond, or storm sewers. Waters can be disposed of in a sanitary sewer with proper testing, and can be allowed to evaporate on your property.

From this definition, every time it rains, the waters of the US are polluted. Many cars, trucks, buses, etc. leak oil, anti-freeze, and other chemicals on roads, driveways, and parking lots. When the rain comes, it washes all of this stuff into the storm sewer. So I guess we should just ban all motorized vehicles from use nationwide. And while we're at it, add airplanes to the list for the same reasons.

Looks like we'll just have to go back to the horse and buggy for transportation, but don't be letting your horses poop on the road or we'll take that away from you too!

Help Support Us

Become a patron