Can ISU's coaches please not mix politics and football???

UraMallas

Jan 9, 2013
If you treat the players as one of your own, your a fool if you stick your head in the sand and ignore issues they are interested in. Thread over... move on.

I like this a lot. I'm stealing it and I really don't care what feelings you might have about that.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Speaking of the tail wagging the dog at Mizzou (when the players skipped practice to protest), that did not happen with Lou Holtz when he benched a number of starters on the Arkansas team in 1977 for violating team rules before a bowl game against heavily favored Oklahoma. Arkansas won.
Do you get a bonus every time you use that phrase? Good grief, man...buy a thesaurus...

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

cdface

Oct 28, 2014
Behind Enemy Lines (IC)
@John Smith took this photo of his idols... View attachment 50193

Yeah....something about that picture and the recent article just doesn't square up.

Plus, @John Smith, if you're going to rank political activity, I think multiple teammates handing a Presidential candidate an official-looking Hawkeye football jersey during a campaign photo op ranks an order of magnitude higher in inappropriate politicking than a single player tweeting a response to a Presidential comment that well over 50% of this country agrees was inappropriate and un-Presidential.

Last edited:

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Allen Lazard could come jump out of a sewer drain with a red wig during the anthem, I don't care as long as he does this
CtSbJFsUEAArFFC.jpg

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
The irony of you of all people on this site inferring anyone else is stupid, or a liar, is one of the most amazing things I’ve ever read on this site
There is nothing ironic or amazing about someone.........anyone........inferring that about people like him or you. It is what it is and like they say..........you can't fix it so, well........you have my sympathies.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
There is nothing ironic or amazing about someone.........anyone........inferring that about people like him or you. It is what it is and like they say..........you can't fix it so, well........you have my sympathies.

You may be the least self aware dishonest person on this site.

Gossamer

Apr 10, 2014
You may be the least self aware dishonest person on this site.

ok, that's enough! There are SOOOO many of these people on our site, I don't know how you can make that claim. No doubt, he ranks among the top but please don't give him that award yet. As soon as you do, another will amaze you with the same!!

• Funny
Reactions: Cat Stevens

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
The more things change, the more they stay the same, I suppose. Thx @Kagavi !

Sports is not the forum for social injustice or any other perceived problem, I don't suppose. Like others, I would not like to mix sports w/ politics.

On the other hand, I think I understand. Regardless, I support Lazard, and our Team. I believe CMC is right-on in how he is handling the 'whole situation' (not singling out Lazard here), thank goodness.

atlantacyclone

Sep 29, 2007
Fontvieille Monaco
The only problem that I have with it is that players who aren't focused are usually primed for a beat down. Campbell has to recruit so I doubt if he will do much. Stop this crap and beat Texas! You might be embarrassed of Trump... don't embarrass yourself and focus on the freaking game.

Help Support Us

Become a patron