Caleb Grill has transferred out of UNLV

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Who all is even left from the last 2 recruiting classes. Just Jayden walker?

allfourcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 26, 2012
Didn’t one of the parents diss us on the way out or do I have the wrong kid?

Not sure why the excitement over him for multiple threads?

I get its what message boards do, but I vote to refrain from either over-hyping nor bashing the young man. If Otz wants him, then we should be cool with that. We know he wasn't all big12 caliber, but after all, he was a former Cyclone and I would like to think that still means something as far as respect.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
I will repeat what I used to argue when Grill was at ISU and struggling. Keep in mind while all the other freshman had been playing AAU ball year round for a few years, Grill was playing football, baseball and running track all with very good success. Kid was really raw when he was here.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
bbq-funny-gif-01-girl-hot-lead-part1-88a.gif

The man said fire it up!
Would

Reactions: cyfan21

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I will repeat what I used to argue when Grill was at ISU and struggling. Keep in mind while all the other freshman had been playing AAU ball year round for a few years, Grill was playing football, baseball and running track all with very good success. Kid was really raw when he was here.

This a great point. You could see the game slowing down for him the last few games and he was improving on the floor. Most were very surprised and disappointed with his transfer at the time last year as most could see the potential as a Jr/Sr flashed.
I'll admit I didn't watch a lot of UNLV last year to see if the progress continued but TJ was there everyday and if offered believes he can ISU. That is enough for me. (Not to mention there are 5 roster spots to fill.)

Reactions: Statefan10

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

I'm posting this for those who didn't get the opportunity to watch Caleb this past year.. This is in the second game of the year and against a quality opponent. Caleb scored 10 and actually has a few highlights in the first 6 minutes or so.

No he isn't dominating the game, but he's helping out the team in a variety of ways on offense and defense. The next game against Alabama, he went off for 27 points (couldn't find the highlights).

Caleb shot A LOT of 3's last year for UNLV : 161 to be exact. That's 14 more than JCL shot, but only missed 5 less than JCL. That's the difference between being a 39% shooter and a 34% shooter (which Caleb is).

Reactions: Hayes30 and baagoe

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron