NBA: Bulls championship next year?

dmg89

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 13, 2008
West Des Moines
Damn good? really? they are 3 games over .500 in a fairly weak eastern conference. I would say that Cleveland would be better than the Bulls even without LeBron.

I don't know about that they are 1-1 on the season with both games in Cleveland. Although the recent trades make that stat less useful.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
No, you state your opinion and then get pissy when people don't agree with you.

Yes because they dont look at my comments for what they are, they look at my grammar and spelling and criticize me for that. So yes i get pissy because of that who wouldnt? My point is that what i am saying is very valid and when someone comes in and ignores what the point of my comments are and criticizes my spelling or grammar it is very disrespectful. Read the posts for what they are not how they are worded.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
Yes because they dont look at my comments for what they are, they look at my grammar and spelling and criticize me for that. So yes i get pissy because of that who wouldnt? My point is that what i am saying is very valid and when someone comes in and ignores what the point of my comments are and criticizes my spelling or grammar it is very disrespectful. Read the posts for what they are not how they are worded.

Or you know, let it go and don't give those people more fuel for their fire.

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
Few people have actually addressed the premise of the post. Of the teams that have the cap space to offer a max contract, who has a better nucleus than the Bulls? Of those teams, which teams can offer the free agents to play with an up and coming star in the league in Derrick Rose?

As for the hypothetical about signing both Wade and Bosh -- the Bulls don't have enough money for that. They'd have to get rid of the contracts of both Hinrich and Deng to get another max contract player.

I expect Wade to be Plan A, Bosh Plan B, Johnson Plan C. Carlos Boozer wouldn't shock me, either. A local writer speculated today that if the Bulls are unable to land one of the stars this summer, they may pursue a trade for Monta Ellis.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Few people have actually addressed the premise of the post. Of the teams that have the cap space to offer a max contract, who has a better nucleus than the Bulls? Of those teams, which teams can offer the free agents to play with an up and coming star in the league in Derrick Rose?

As for the hypothetical about signing both Wade and Bosh -- the Bulls don't have enough money for that. They'd have to get rid of the contracts of both Hinrich and Deng to get another max contract player.

I expect Wade to be Plan A, Bosh Plan B, Johnson Plan C. Carlos Boozer wouldn't shock me, either. A local writer speculated today that if the Bulls are unable to land one of the stars this summer, they may pursue a trade for Monta Ellis.

I really think they could get both Wade and Bosh, and at least Wade and Boozer. Like I said earlier, I don't think Wade's value is as much as it would have been this time last year...he is older than most of the other free agents and is injury prone. I also think he would be willing to go to Chicago for a little bit cheaper, considering it's his hometown, and it seems to me that after having a taste of a championship, and spending the last few years not coming close, he would be willing to take a bit of a cut to bring in another big name.

I think Bosh's could go for a discount too. After being tucked away in Toronto, I think he wants to shine on a big market, and aside from the Knicks this is his best shot at that.

ThatllDoCy

Sep 20, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
www.katchllc.com
I think they could be a contender. Joakim and Rose are stars that are great at what they do, and Gibson is playing well. Hinrich is a nice piece off of the bench to rest Derrick. With a true scorer added to the lineup they could be much better.

Chances are that they are going to get a new Coach as well. I feel that is somewhat unfair to Vinnie as he has done a nice job with Derrick and Joakim. They are not the most consistent team, but their lineup has not been either. I hope he gets the chance to stay or maybe come Coach the Clones....

mwitt

Mar 23, 2006
I really think they could get both Wade and Bosh, and at least Wade and Boozer. Like I said earlier, I don't think Wade's value is as much as it would have been this time last year...he is older than most of the other free agents and is injury prone. I also think he would be willing to go to Chicago for a little bit cheaper, considering it's his hometown, and it seems to me that after having a taste of a championship, and spending the last few years not coming close, he would be willing to take a bit of a cut to bring in another big name.

I think Bosh's could go for a discount too. After being tucked away in Toronto, I think he wants to shine on a big market, and aside from the Knicks this is his best shot at that.

I disagree wholeheartedly. I expect five players to get max contracts this summer. Dwayne Wade is 28 -- he is not old.

The way the NBA is set up, players are already taking a pay cut if they leave in free agency. Teams are not allowed to offer as much money in free agency as the incumbent team.

tman24

Feb 6, 2008
I think they could be a contender. Joakim and Rose are stars that are great at what they do, and Gibson is playing well. Hinrich is a nice piece off of the bench to rest Derrick. With a true scorer added to the lineup they could be much better.

Chances are that they are going to get a new Coach as well. I feel that is somewhat unfair to Vinnie as he has done a nice job with Derrick and Joakim. They are not the most consistent team, but their lineup has not been either. I hope he gets the chance to stay or maybe come Coach the Clones....

Vinnie is staying. They would have fired him at christmas if they were going to get rid of him this offseason.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
They are mediocre at best this year. I think that they would have to get both Wade and CB to make it to the Eastern Conference finals next year. Boozer might help if they can't get CB. I think they need to also address the coaching situation as well. I don't think those players would be excited to play for the current staff. I don't think that they will get both, I do however think they will get Wade. They will not under any circumstance get Lamebron.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
They are mediocre at best this year. I think that they would have to get both Wade and CB to make it to the Eastern Conference finals next year. Boozer might help if they can't get CB. I think they need to also address the coaching situation as well. I don't think those players would be excited to play for the current staff. I don't think that they will get both, I do however think they will get Wade. They will not under any circumstance get Lamebron.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so quick to say that. Lebron seems to be a bit of a "Jordan-phile", I could see him wanting to go to Chicago.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I think they could free up enough money to land 2 max players without having to trade away one of their core players in Rose, Deng, Noah, and Gibson. Say Bosh or Joe Johnson decide to leave and want to sign with the Bulls. Well the Bulls could counter and say if their team doesn't want to come away empty handed they'll do a sign and trade and send Hinrich and maybe a pick or another lesser asset back in the deal. Mike and Mike were talking about this today actually. Lebron said after the Olympics that he would like to play with Bosh and if you want to find a team that already has a promising young core and cap space to make that happen the Bulls could very well be that. Either way I think the Bulls have a pretty good spot to make a big splash this offseason. They could sign 1 max player and then come away with someone like Boozer maybe who isn't going to get the max because of his injury history. I know Bosh and Wade are 2 of their top targets for sure.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
They are mediocre at best this year. I think that they would have to get both Wade and CB to make it to the Eastern Conference finals next year. Boozer might help if they can't get CB. I think they need to also address the coaching situation as well. I don't think those players would be excited to play for the current staff. I don't think that they will get both, I do however think they will get Wade. They will not under any circumstance get Lamebron.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be so quick to say that. Lebron seems to be a bit of a "Jordan-phile", I could see him wanting to go to Chicago.

That would be the exact reason I wouldn't want to go to Chicago. You will always be "Jordan 2.0", which I know you're already bucking if you're a star in the NBA, but it would have to be 10x worse in Chicago.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Chances of Dwade or Lebron going to Chicago? I'd say 1.5%. Who wants to go try and live up to the MJ hype there in Chicago?

Bulls won't win a championship next year. To many other teams that have much better parts. Adding a Chris Bosh may help them advance one round further but that's it

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames
If you idolize MJ why wouldnt you want to sign with the bulls? I mean yes high expectations will be a major thing but wouldnt you want to meet those expectations? chicago hasnt really had a superstar since MJ why not sign and make your own legacy in chicago?

Tedcyclone

Oct 27, 2009
West Des Moines
bulls will not win... they have some great players, but unless they get Lebron (not going to happen) or Dwight Howard, i dont think they can challange for league title. No if Lebron signs with the Knicks, which is very possible or the Nets since they are moving to the Broynx then the Bulls may be better then that team for a year or two. I dont think they should have gotten rid of Ben Gordon. Mistake.