Brittney Griner

cyQlone

Feb 16, 2007
Des Moines, IA
I live in Houston, TX and this girl is a sophomore! She is 6'6'' already and expected to be 6'9" - 6'10". She can throw the ball off the backboard and dunk it no problem. Absolutely amazing! Even better seeing it live in a game!

Here are some links. If they don't work I apologize because I can't view the links at my current job. Her name is Brittney Griner so you can look her up if you can't view the links.

http://www.flixya.com/focus/420?page=2

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuDfRzY2Vqw&eurl="]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuDfRzY2Vqw&eurl=[/ame]

I actually emailed Fennelly about this girl and he says he is trying to get an "in" with her. She is already showing a lot of interest in Ten. and aTm though. It would be amazing for our program to have her though!

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
She'd be a great signing but I will bet you she winds up signing with a top 5 program with that kind of talent. I would bet all 4 Big 12 Texas schools are already scouting her too since she's in-state.

BigM

Mar 2, 2007
Amesterdam
SI says Kansas is a national WBB Power ?????

Any Ways she would be a beast any where she goes but god i'm hoping cyQlone canconvince her dad!!!!!

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
She would be so much bigger than other girls it would be unreal. Does she average 10 blocks a game?

By the way, on a side note, is that you Quincy? I can't imagine a whole lot of people know about Houston sophomore girls basketball prospects.

cyQlone

Feb 16, 2007
Des Moines, IA
If you check out that Sports Illustrated link, it tells all of her averages. It's something like 10 blocks a game. And yes this is Quincy. Is that THE Bryce that I know? Wow, what a small world huh?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Haha, yeah, it's me. I saw in the SI article she already had 7 triple doubles. That's a stat stuffer right there.

cyQlone

Feb 16, 2007
Des Moines, IA
The game I went to, she just dominated everyone with her size. She was seriously triple teamed every play, and she still had like 16 points and 12 rebounds or something. I talked to her dad again yesterday, but he thinks it will be a school in Texas. This is the girl I was talking about at Applebees.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
The game I went to, she just dominated everyone with her size. She was seriously triple teamed every play, and she still had like 16 points and 12 rebounds or something. I talked to her dad again yesterday, but he thinks it will be a school in Texas. This is the girl I was talking about at Applebees.

Next time you talk to her dad, don't forget to mention that AMAZING fan support that she would have at ISU. Her future would be very bright here.

KneeGusto

May 13, 2006
S̶q̶u̶a̶w̶ Ioway Creek
Incredible athlete!

If there is any possible way she wants to be part of a team, treated with respect, and adored and revered by true women's basketball fans... she should come to Ames.

I hope she doesn't wind up at Baylor. Mulkey would treat her like a freak and put undo expectations upon her.

She would fit into a Fennelly team so well. She'd be a huge help to the program but more importantly, she'd be a valued member of the Cyclone team - the Cyclone family.

If I had a superstar daughter - I'd want my kid to go to a trusted, safe, yet enthusiastic college atmosphere... and that's Ames. Fennelly is more than a coach - he's a genius, a gamer, and a gentleman.

If she does play college ball in Texas, let's hope it's at TCU or Rice.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
Jeezus! The only way I want her in the Big 12 is if she's playing for ISU! I agree, mention the undying fan support she'd get in Ames, and don't forget to mention the legion of fans we have down in OKC this weekend.

htownclone

Jan 3, 2007
I talked to her dad a bit today at my school and asked him if she'd heard anything from Iowa State. And replied, "iowa who?" I repeated Iowa State and he said, "what school in Iowa are you talking about?" ...lol

he is the nicest guy ever. but I really really doubt she has even heard anything from ISU. I mean, she's 15, getting offers from Tennessee, etc (and by the way, her dad said today she gets mail from Pat Summit literally every day...not always personal letters and stuff from her, but info, brochures, etc, so Tenn. is clearly pushing hard for her) so I really doubt ISU would have any chance. It would sure be nice to have talent like that though :yes4lo: