Breece Hall drafted in 2nd round by Jets -- No. 36 overall

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
Jeesh. 2 of our loved RBs are stuck with the Bears and Jets

Here's hoping the checks don't bounce.
yeah, it really is a shame. I rarely watch the nfl, but it would be nice to see some of the best talent in iowa state's history to actually be on winning squads. At least lazard has a shot.

Paddythefatty

Jul 25, 2021
I agree wholeheartedly on the division point! I’m not convinced the bears did anything to help their offense this offseason. To me the o line isn’t better (and sucked before). The wrs got worse losing a-rob and replacing with nkeal harry was a net loss (and now it sounds like harry could be out awhile). TE is a average position. If I’m an opposing defense I blanket Mooney and load the box against the bears and they should be fine. Also with roquan smith being out that’s a huge hit.
Roquan doesn’t have a season-ending injury & will play this year. Arob was non-existent last year & was replaced with Bryon Pringle, not Harry. Coaching alone will improve the oline, even if just slightly but still will have 4/5 starters replaced from last year. I am not arguing the bears will be better, I’m saying they will get more wins thanks to division & schedules. I’ll remind everyone when the Jets are 2-7

clone4life82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Ankeny
Roquan doesn’t have a season-ending injury & will play this year. Arob was non-existent last year & was replaced with Bryon Pringle, not Harry. Coaching alone will improve the oline, even if just slightly but still will have 4/5 starters replaced from last year. I am not arguing the bears will be better, I’m saying they will get more wins thanks to division & schedules. I’ll remind everyone when the Jets are 2-7
Jets will be lucky to be 2-7 when they’ve played 9 games due to schedule alone.

I can get behind your Byron Pringle for Arob comparison (at least last years stats/production but not any other year) but there really isn’t anyone else that truly scares me from a pass catching standpoint on that squad if I’m an opposing d coordinator. Mooney can be stopped. Bring the rest of the defenders up to stuff the box/put pressure on fields/stop Monty and should be a win.

JimmyChitwood

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 3, 2015
Southern Iowa
There's been plenty of flashy talent. There's just no consistency and for the most part they're a mess.

David Montgomery might be the most 'did the most with less' college and pro combined player that has been out there at least recently.
If David would have had an offensive line, he could have done so much more then he did.
He has been nothing short of remarkable.

Paddythefatty

Jul 25, 2021
Jets will be lucky to be 2-7 when they’ve played 9 games due to schedule alone.

I can get behind your Byron Pringle for Arob comparison (at least last years stats/production but not any other year) but there really isn’t anyone else that truly scares me from a pass catching standpoint on that squad if I’m an opposing d coordinator. Mooney can be stopped. Bring the rest of the defenders up to stuff the box/put pressure on fields/stop Monty and should be a win.
O I wasnt comparing Pringle to Arob, just saying he is the one they brought in to replace him cuz he at least has some upside unlike Harry. If Fields doesn’t bust, they probably will draft some WR from tOSU or Bama to replace Pringle.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I got this little number today. Been a casual Vikings fan for years but have been wanting to cheer for a different team for awhile. Wanted to be a fan of wherever David or Lazard went but can't stand the Bears/Packers. Ready for takeoff!

Breece.jpeg

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Thank God Breece got a good number with 20. I somewhat recall seeing a photo from rookie mini camp and he was in like 46 or something bad.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
I got this little number today. Been a casual Vikings fan for years but have been wanting to cheer for a different team for awhile. Wanted to be a fan of wherever David or Lazard went but can't stand the Bears/Packers. Ready for takeoff!

View attachment 101479

Is that authentic? I've been hoping to get a black Jets Breece jersey but haven't seen it sold anywhere yet.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Is that authentic? I've been hoping to get a black Jets Breece jersey but haven't seen it sold anywhere yet.
Nflshop.com. I clicked the $169.99 jersey and you can pick your player or customize name and number

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Bears fan here too so no room to talk. I know what I'm getting with them which is not good.
When people from other part of the country ask if I'm a fan of the Bears and/or Cubs I've typically replied this (until recently). "No... I'm and ISU fan so I have all the despair I need.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

View attachment 101479
I'm going to enjoy watching Breece do his thing. Let's hope the Jets are up and coming to help him accomplish his Breecefulness.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

View attachment 101479
Hopefully this nice jersey will get you some wins this season. Another clip about the Jets, and yes, Breece is discussed near the end.

EvilBetty

Sep 7, 2012
OK, this might be the most hopelessly naive comment ever, but I think Robert Saleh could turn the Jets around…and I think Breece will be a key piece if he does.
What is naive about that comment? The jets are historically one of the worst teams in the NFL, both long term and short term. They haven't won a playoff game in what? 10 years? There are only 5 teams with a worse win % all time and 2 of those are expansion teams (jags, texans). That's great you think they might be successful soon, but that doesn't make them in any way actually successful.

ISU is also one of the worst football schools in history. Sure there has been recent success but that followed 100+ years of mostly garbage.

regardless, I hope you turn out to be right and breece and the jets get competitive.

Reactions: 12191987