Brady and Moss to sit out Pro Bowl

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Not soon enough. When baseball starts we are just that much closer to football.

It's good you're a glass half full person. I look at it as a very long, drawn out summer without football.

Unless I take in a Barnstormers game or two just to wet the appetite.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
The only way I could think of making the Pro-Bowl even close to relevent is with money. Throw a ton of money at the players who suit up with even more money if they win.

Give the players $250,000 to play in the game with the winning players getting $500k. Sure that is a lot of money but the NFL has so much pull with sponsors it wouldn't be impossible to do.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
Did I hear that this is the last year for the Pro Bowl?

You might have heard it, but your source was wrong. The NFL had been contemplating moving next year's game to the Super Bowl site and playing it the weekend between the conference championships and the Super Bowl, but they ultimately decided to keep in Hawaii at least for next year.

They've said for a while that they're considering moving it out of Hawaii, but it's still there at least through next year.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I don't know about Moss, he may just be a sore loser.

But Brady opting out is not a surprise. He was going to opt out whether they won the Super Bowl or not. What do you think the whole boot thing was about???

Clone96

Nov 14, 2006
Parts Unknown
The Pro Bowl is the biggest joke of all the all-star games. The only reason players go is for the free trip to Hawaii, and half the people selected don't go. I've agreed with Wilbon of ESPN for years, just name the team, introduce them during the 1,200 hour pre game for the super bowl and be done with it.